I must leave.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must leave.

I kinda knew this was going to happen, but I have been trying to put it off for as long as possible. My work, among other things, has caught up with me, and I have entirely too much to do. Something is going to have to go. Unfortunatly, that something is my post as Expansion Minister.

I would like to be able to continue until the elections, but I don't think that is going to be possible. I will support cannonfodder's candidacy fully, in the hopes that after I leave we will still have a capable Expansion Minister.

I will continue to lurk on the forums, and will post something if I get a chance, and when my current project is finished sometime in June, maybe I'll be able to come back.

Farewell

Steele
    If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Bye hope you come back soon
    Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
    Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
    President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

Well, that's too bad. No fun in not having any competition. Oh well.

I'll do my best to fill your shoes when the time comes, if noone else comes in and beats me.
      "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
      Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
      Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
      Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Hope you catch up on your work and return in June.
        Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

hope to see you back in june...try not to get crushed under your work (only the crushing part )

Shade
          ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
          shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Thanks for your replies. As I said, I will try to come back whenever I get a chance. However, since I'm going to be doing some traveling, it won't be a regular occurence.

Steele
            If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

Fare thee well! Cursed jobs keep getting in the way of fun...
              The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
              intelligence to few.

Comment

I hope to see you back by June, Steelehc!
                Play the Demo Games!!
                Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
                Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Comment

Catch you on the upside, steele.
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

We await your return with patience.
                    "For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

Hang in there steelehc, and thanx for your dutiful service to the Democracy. Travel in safety with our best wishes.

We look forward to your triumphant return.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                      X