• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elections!!!!!!!!!!

we are having a new elections,
    you have time for auto-nominations until april the 25th,
    then polls will be post,
    and o0n april the 28 the new cabinet will start a new term!!!!

here is the cabinet positions

President:
    Shadowlord / cavebear

Vice-president:

Science Advisor:
    ixnay37 / Gramphos

Foreign Advisor:
    Nimitz / adamsj

Millitary Advisor:
    Marquis de Sodaq

Trade Advisor:
    shade / MrWhereItsAt

City Planner:
    cavebear / Shadowlord

Imperial Expansion:
    CannonFodder

Historian:
    Jrabbit

the vice-president is appointed by the president
    if you wanna run just say it, no matter if you are a newby!!!!!
    Last edited by Shaka Naldur; April 26, 2002, 20:01.
    Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
    Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
    miguelsana@mixmail.com

I will seek re-election to the post of City Planner.

As the City Planner this past term, I have offerred interesting polls that covered many phases of city-building. I have made detailed recommendations to the President based on the results of those polls (and lesser matters of best resource/worker allocation). I have paid attention to our varied needs for infrastructure, military units, trade caravans, and Wonders.

As we enter the next phase of our game, I believe I am the best qualified to continue to provide for the needs of our civ as far as the cities are able to provide them. I promise to continue to keep our cities growing, while producing the most flexible combination of units and structure for the efforts to come.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

*considers running for president*

*sees stack of homework and play to direct and act in*

I think I will pass on this one. If you need a Trade Minister you can feel free to call me, but I am really short on time.

Comment

Imperial Expansion

I nominate myself for advisor of imperial expansion. I will see to it that our empire is extended into the four corners of the earth, yet I will not overextend us. With me at the helm, we will be on our way to being the largest and most powerful civilization our enemies could only hope to be.
        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
        Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
        Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
        Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

I'll run for foreign minister
          Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
          Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
          President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

Hm... I think I'll run for science advisor.

Comment

As I hope most of you know I will like and will run for foreign minister, AS always I will be very aggressive in going with the people's vote for policies and I will support the President as well as possible!

Vote for ME
              Play the Demo Games!!
              Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
              Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Comment

and o0n april the 28 the new cabinet will start a new term!!!!
                28 I thought the new term would start 1...
                -->so I'll need to kick some cabinet but to get their reports in soon...

I'm not running for anything this term--> I see the same stack of homework and exams waiting for me....

But as retired Prez I'll stay around to bug all of you...

Shade
                ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Shure, why not?

*(steps up to Shure(R) MX418 podium megaphone)*
                  (tap-tap) Is this thing on? (clears phlegm-ridden throat)

My fellow Citizens,

The post of Historian is, er, historically a thankless one, requiring countless hours of trolling through old threads, writer's block that can only be countered by the medicinal ingestion of alcoholic fluids, and stained fingers from using experimental inks. Even so, I have been gratified by my first elective month in this cushy, comfortable office under the august leadership of President Shade.

Some work has been done, but much remains. There are smilies to be inserted, text to be written, and endless revisions to be, uh, revised. I will not back down from this challenge!

THEREFORE, as a loyal citizen of the United Minds of Apolyton, I hereby declare my willingness to again run for the office of Historian. I pledge my time and effort to the complete and utter documentation of our glorious Civ, its leaders and their actions, for the edification, education, and amusement of all Citizens.

FURTHERMORE, I promise to support our government with cold, hard cash! I will perform my labors pro bono and will donate my entire salary back to the Treasury, to be used toward whatever bribery or rushbuilding is deemed necessary by our esteemed leadership. All I ask in return are quality quills, gooseberry ink, a few crumbs of food, and the medicinal fluids required to ensure continued quality work.

Thank you for your support.

*(leaves podium, muttering under breath "If they bought that, they'll buy the collectible presidential quills too...")*
                  Last edited by -Jrabbit; April 23, 2002, 09:01.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

1. Great to see some new blood stepping forward to run for High Council positions.

2. I, too, thought that this week would be nominations and Hydey-taunting, with elections perhaps 28-30 and new leadership in command on 01 May.

3. The beloved President Shade gone! The clever and insightful El Lawrence, too? Woe is me! Whatever shall we do? Who shall step forward to lead our ppl???

4. I love Quick Reply.
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Was gonna go for VP, but then saw that after all the fuss a few weeks ago, it apparently WAS decided that the Prez would appoint that position.

<< Grumbles >> << Scuffs feet and wanders off >>
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

My kingdom for a President!

MWIA -- run for President and you could appoint your own VP.

Shaka Naldur, are you ready to rule for more than a week?

Could kassiopeia return?

Will one of the High Council step forward?

OOoooh, this could be interesting... The ppl quiver in anticipation. See you next week.

*(-Jrabbit packs for his business trip to the Historians Guild annual conference, promising to be back in time to vote.)

Comment

President?!

Me finding a copy of MGE in sleepy NZ isn't 100%, Jrabbit. And that's kind of necessary for the Head Honcho. Could I become Prez, make myself VP and then pass the buck to someone els... hmm. Maybe that's not such a good idea.

-ed from office.
                          Consul.

Comment

Following in the great tradition of Ralph Nader, I shall run for President, yet not expect to win! (Don't quote me on that.)

As a, uh, citizen, I have participated in every poll I saw in time, making wize and informed decisions where I was informed, and asking smart questions (Remember, no question is ever stupid!) where I was not informed, so that my decisions would be informed. As President, I shall do the same thing. After all, that is what every President does. We (Presidents) have advisors, to tell us what ideas are good, and which are not. Our job is to order people to do the things that our advisors tell us, and to order people to do the things that our advisors are too afraid to mention, like researching a dead-end technology like Fundamentalism so we can get enough money to bribe the entire world to join our Enlightened Fundamentalist Democratic Empire of Un-Unhappiness!

In addition to always listening to what my advisors say and leave unsaid, I will also institute a series of electoral reforms! Once in my post, I will amend the 3/4 term limits to not apply to Presidents, Foreign Ministers, and Military Commanders during times of war, so that during a war, we may be ensured of having known and proven leadership, unless of course, the People decide to vote to replace them. This would just ensure that they may remain in their posts, if approved by the People, to keep the pressure on our foes. In addition, seeing as the post of Historian has no corrupting effect on its holder, I shall entirely exempt the post of Historian from any term-limits.

Lastly, as President, I will encourage rapid technological progress until we have a strong technological lead over our enemies, at which point I will encourage a switch to a Fundamentalist government, dedicated to the superiority of our People over the uncivilized Barbarians, who we shall bring civilization to, by force if necessary, in addition to Democratic Principles, of course! (What, you've never heard of a Democratic Fundamentalist government? It just means we're extremely Fanatical about Democracy, of course!) We will entice the un-civilizations' people to join our Empire by giving out large quantities of cash, of which we will have much, due to the tithes provided by the Voters - and any un-civilized people who refuse to get civilized, we will crush with our mighty (and well-oiled) war machine!

-Presidential Candidate Shadowlord

P.S. Yes, I have MGE, and I also own the original Civ II, and the two expansions, and have been playing Civ since Civ I.
                            Last edited by Shadowlord; April 28, 2002, 17:14.
                            "For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowlord
                              -Presidential Candidate Shadowlord

P.S. Yes, I have MGE, and I also own the original Civ II, and the two expansions, and have been playing Civ since Civ I.
                              GRRRR!!! Why is it MGE is the only Civ I haven't found???? Why are we using MGE anyway?? How many of us are invalidated from being council members from not having just - this - one - version???

Oh, but good campaign speech there, Shadowlord.

Say... you'll need a Vice...
                              Consul.

Comment

Working...
                              X