Spoils of WAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoils of WAR

The evil Babylonians dared to kill one of our noble elephants...Since I (and many others) are animal lovers this had to be avenged...so I gave the diplomat,who was near the Babylonian city of Ellipi , the order to convince the ppl there it was a lot better in our empire.Using enough gold for personal gifts he was able to persaude the city to join us .

But the citizens had one request:they didn't want to be remembered of their old rootes of the evil Babylonian empire and so requested a new name for their city...

So here we have a nice little referendum:
    Which new name for Ellipi do you suggest?
    Make those ppl happy with a proud name so they'll fight even harder when the evil Babylonians try to take back the city by force.

Your president
    Shade
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Your Historian suggests we honor our previous leaders in naming cities (eg, the city of Sodaq).
    Early suggestions

Shaka City
    Bloomville
    Bloomtown
    Naldurton
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Thiscityhasnobabylonianroots (it might be a bit too long though)

Comment

Nominations:

Nolybab (get it?)
        Conan
        Rock
        Scythia

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Wait... we're using elephants in war?? I hope they have the same living conditions as human soldiers?
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Ellipolyton
            Bloomshaka

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
              Wait... we're using elephants in war?? I hope they have the same living conditions as human soldiers?
              We had one troop of volunteering Elephants and they had very good living conditions...the soldiers loved them because of their strength and of how brave they were...

but they are no more

Shade
              "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

The Elephants deserve a tribute to their selfless sacrifice, and what could be more fitting than naming this city in their honor?

From this day forth, let us call the city Elephantine, in honor of the Elephants who so bravely gave their lives for our country, so that no-one will ever forget how valiantly the Elephants fought to protect the rest of us, and to ensure our liberty! And let us build a monument to the Elephants in the city, so that we will be inspired in our defense of our lands and protection of our people and animals, and let this be a reminder to the other nations of the world, of our determination, will, and unity!
                "For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

nice idea shadowlord...maybe not elephantine(already exsists with the Egyptians.)
                  ...Elephantis maybe...what do you think?

Shade

Comment

Babar? (an elephant character in children's books)
                    Attached Files
                    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Remember that it was purchased with money gathered so painstakingly by our trade minister.

Comment

i'm not really a part of the democratic game, but remember shade... elections come and go, and you might too.

you need a cityname to be remembered by

"Shade Owns Babylon"
                        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Point Victory.
                          Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                            i'm not really a part of the democratic game, but remember shade... elections come and go, and you might too.

you need a cityname to be remembered by

"Shade Owns Babylon"

Comment

Babar
                              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                              X