THE CAMPAIGN FOR AN ATTACK ON Egypt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE CAMPAIGN FOR AN ATTACK ON Egypt

We need to fight to get to our winning of this great game, we must i think stop Egypt dominacing the game, we must decide whether to attack and dominace; or being second place and we all know that no one remembers the runner up!

Who we will join me in this campaign for victory!

Members:-
    adamsj,
    civman2000
    Last edited by James Adams; April 17, 2002, 05:01.
    Play the Demo Games!!
    Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
    Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Nope.
    We're still occupying all free land. So we shouldn't get involved into any useless war.

Besides, we should out tech them first. Get Dragoons and cannons, and we'll talk about it later.
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Zealot I am not just doing this for the present but for the future!
      Play the Demo Games!!

Comment

Panic merchants

Lets find out how many cities they have first, I bet they only have about 5 and are no real threat at all.
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

if the president would get off his rather large backside and build some embassies we could see what they are up to.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Foreign Minister, we will see but if they have more wonders than us we must take those wonders, ahem!
            Play the Demo Games!!

Comment

I don't think we are in a position to attack anyone at the moment...
              Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
              Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
              Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
              Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

As I have say before that this is no just for now but for the future.
                Play the Demo Games!!

Comment

Originally posted by adamsj
                  Foreign Minister, we will see but if they have more wonders than us we must take those wonders, ahem!
                  In 2 turns we will both have 2 wonders and I bet we have a lead in techs and a huge lead in cities .

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I see, but they have still have important wonders, which I say we should capture!
                    Play the Demo Games!!

Comment

A message from the Supreme Military Commander

Yes, we should eventually sack Egypt. Right now we do not have the proper bad guys for a successful assault. To launch a successful wonder-capture campaign, we must:
                      • build at least 6 veteran legions and elephants
                      • transport those 6+ bad guys to egypt
                      • take a diplomat or two to mop up any stragglers

Reasons to invade:
                      • They've built wonders, not units
                      • They are building more wonders, not units
                      • We know their geography

Reasons not to invade:

It will just take some time to assemble and move our force. This must also be balanced with other public demands, such as caravans and diplomats and libraries.
                      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                      intelligence to few.

Comment

I think we should go for it when it is fesible like when we have the units together and have finished mike's chapel also can't you capture techs when you capture cities.
                        Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
                        Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
                        President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
                          if the president would get off his rather large backside and build some embassies we could see what they are up to.
                          I have a riddle for you Hydey.
                          What can electrons do what I and the diplomats can't.

(think,I know you can)

Shade
                          ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                          shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz
                            I think we should go for it when it is fesible like when we have the units together and have finished mike's chapel also can't you capture techs when you capture cities.
                            Yes, it is, so we should make sure our cities are well-defended so we don't lose our tech lead during the war.
                            "For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

I strongly support this campaign!! add me to the list!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X