Expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expansion

It is the official position of this ministry that no new cities be built at this time. The unhappiness problems would be too great (we would start with a black face).

When (hopefully) we build the Chapel, then we can increase new city construction.

Steele
    Yes
    27.78%
    No
    38.89%
    [B][i]NNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!![/i][/B]
    33.33%

The poll is expired.

If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

I can wait. We have plenty of cities now.

Comment

We could at least get the settlers ready to go settle the turn after the chapel is built...
      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
      intelligence to few.

Comment

ppl relax a little we have only a little production...
        maybe I shoould start looking for foreing contractors to build all the wanted units

Shade
        ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
        shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

What technologies do we have right now?

And, maybe we should increase the luxury rate.
          "For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowlord
            What technologies do we have right now?

And, maybe we should increase the luxury rate.
            take a look in the 440ad thread there is a screenshot of our curent science status.

about lux=> would be a waste since we don't have enough trade,the effect would be almost zilch.

Shade
            ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
            "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
            shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

After the construction of the Chapel, I will begin plotting new city sites, and put them up for approval. Until then, it is largely a waste of time.

Steele
              If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

The Minister for City Planning feels vaguely insulted. Here we are making sure every Worker is producing as efficiently as possible, turning out Caravans, feeding the citizens, building the odd Barrack or Temple, and now the President wants to outsource work to some foreign contractors.

It's enough to drive a man to drink!
                Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I'd say build one city or at least ready a settler- you can never have too many cities. Then finish mike's chapel and embark on an agressive city building plan of cities every 2 or 3 squares.
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Darkcloud: Any cities we build now will need settlers to be built before the Chapel. This will take away from building caravams, and unhappiness-quellers, which we sorely need.

It is the long term policy of this ministry that a huge expansion program is in order, but after the Chapel.

Steele

Comment

I see... I wish I could cahnge my vote.
                      -->Visit CGN!
                      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                      X