Imho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vice President Shaka Naldur -

I agree with your concerns about Citadel and New Castellon. If we are to defend our foothold on that continent, we will need to support them well. Definately, those 2 cities need to spend their city-building efforts on military units or constructed defences (barracks, city walls). As Minister of City Planning, I will naturally focus my recommendations on defence.

We should have Polytheism in 2 turns, and that will permit the Elephant, which is exactly the kind of offensive unit you suggest we need. Unfortunately, we find ourselves building a Barracks there right now, and it will be 8 turns before that is complete. Personally, I think we could use another Phalanx there instead (taking the loss of shields from the conversion), but that is really up to the Military Advisor and the President. Or we could change to City Walls, but that would take about 18 turns or so, and the fate of Citadel will be quite settled by then.

It might be best to have the 2 cities stay on course for Barracks and/or City Walls, and supply troops by Trimerene for the short-term.

Building a 3rd city there would mean even more military support from the homeland cities and would present one more target for aggression. I think it is better to have 2 cities well defended than 3 cities weakly defended.

We need to focus our resources here, they are very limited. We shouldn't build any new cities until we get Mike's. But we can make Citadel and New Castellon strongholds until production improves in our core cities.
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

That would cost 62 or our 73 gold pieces. But it might be neccesary...
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka Naldur
        we need at least one offensive unit (ej, legion) in case we are sieged by the romans,
        I might try to bribe the roman one near that city(ne need to build one

Shade
        ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
        shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Those Roman units are very near their Capital. Bribing them should be expensive.

But if the opportunity comes up and the price is right, it sure would be nice to have a Legion in Citadel!

Comment

Working...
          X