New City Locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DP
    If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

If the Marquis is correct, then we should build one more city, and then wait for the Chapel to be built. The official stance of the Expansion Ministry is that Site #8 is the ideal location for a new city, for several reasons.

1)-The large whale population in this area (3 whales!!)
      2)-It is close to other cities, and in a good position to recieve military aid, and trade routes.
      3)-The forests nearby will help provide additional production, once the whales are all being utilized.
      4)-It was recomended by the previous Ministry.'
      5)-It will give us an excuse to deal with the barbarian warlord in that area.

Steele
      If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

A grassland square with three wales is available with sites 6 and 8. So one of these I think. 1 and 3 are quite good too. I think I vaguely prefer 8 overall.

But I am not against building on most of the others, as a longer term aim, happiness etc. permitting, and have therefore voted for most of the suggested sites (everything except 2, 5 and 7).
        Last edited by Hywel Dda; April 5, 2002, 09:55.

Comment

Originally posted by steelehc
          DP
          what does this mean???

but number 8 is far away with any other foreing civ, we need to build the cities in other strategical places, and there is more than one spot with three whales nearest to foreign civs
          Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
          Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
          miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka Naldur
            but number 8 is far away with any other foreing civ, we need to build the cities in other strategical places, and there is more than one spot with three whales nearest to foreign civs
            but it must also be possible to easilly defend them and keep them out of disorder.==>So mayby it's beter to wait a little with those places.

Shade
            ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
            "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
            shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

I say 1,3,6, & 8. Whales are good...

Comment

We are having happiness problems with our cities. If we build a city far away, we will have to deal with immeadiate defense, and that city will take longer to grow, as settlers for irrigation/mining/roads will have to be shipped over. In the short term, with our one city before black citizens start appearing, we should build on site 8, on our own island.

As for any sites without grassland: the settlers should clear the area before building.

DP: Double-post. Somehow, I managed to click the post button twice, or something like that. A very annoying occurence.

Steele

Comment

I had the settlers of ten Zuiden doing nothing at all so they will be used to build cities--> so we have a base close to the American Egyptian continent to stack our troops.

I have 1 site for sure -->NR 3.
                  about the second one I'm still in doubt
                  it would be 4 or 5 (not 6 to isolated...but I'm not sure...)

If there is some quick responce here , new ideas or insights on best site for our military goal ...would be usefull...

Shade
                  "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

There is a small 3-whale island on the way to the neighbors... Perhaps that would be a good staging area? I don't have the game up, I can't take a quick look...
                    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                    intelligence to few.

Comment

We need as many cities as possible I go with all sites!
                      Play the Demo Games!!
                      Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
                      Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq
                        There is a small 3-whale island on the way to the neighbors... Perhaps that would be a good staging area? I don't have the game up, I can't take a quick look...
                        I know. Theoretically It would be the best spot to build a city, but I'm building a base where we can stack our troops for a swift attack on the E-A continent....
                        btw the sites have already been build now.
                        the cities are called Shadow and Light. They are on sites 3 and 4 and are on jus 1 trirememove from the continent.
                        I already send the first crusaders to Shadow, a second trireme with troops is on its way from Apolytonia.

Next term will be very very exciting...(my last 5 turns were)

Shade

Comment

Working...
                        X