No announcement yet.

Upcoming Elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And with but a stroke of the pen, shade consigned cavebear to political insignificance...
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
      And with but a stroke of the pen, shade consigned cavebear to political insignificance...
      Just advising him that I was not a candidate for the position...

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
        euhm cavebear is our cityplanner I wouldn't call that insignificant

Shade
        ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
        shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by shade

euhm cavebear is our cityplanner I wouldn't call that insignificant

Shade
          Thank you, Mr. President. It will be an honor to serve in your government.
          Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

April Elections!

As our governement closed for the Easter weekend (didn't you guys get that memo?), our elections have been slightly delayed. I've had very limited Internet access since last Wednesday so I'm a little behind in my official duties.

The candidates from the Upcoming Elections thread are:

APRIL TERM

President -- Shade
            Vice-president -- (OPEN)

Science Advisor -- MBloomIII
            Foreign Advisor -- adamsj and Hydey
            Millitary Advisor -- Marquis de Sodaq
            Trade Advisor -- El Awrence
            City Planner -- cavebear
            Imperial Expansion -- Shaka Naldur and steelhc
            Historian -- -Jrabbit

I'm also going to make a Presidential decree. steelhc nominated himself for 2 positions, VP and IE. Since that gives us 2 candidates for IE I am putting steel there against Shaka.

My feeling about the VP is that once the elections are done, have an election with all the current Ministers and let the people vote amongst them for VP.
            Here's a link.

Comment

I think we need a poll on what to do about appointing a VP. Whilst you were away, there was an idea (largely supported, but then it WAS the ONLY idea we had!) that the Prez would appoint the VP from someone who isn't a minister. Look at some of the last few days' threads and you'll see that there was actually an awful lot of activity during Easter.

And why is it that Easter is a break from government? Speaking for myself, Easter meant I could actually spend some time here, 'cos I had no work or Uni to take up all my time. I was rather confused that, despite us getting elections out of the way, we couldn't do anything else due to our Prez not being around.
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

and we still can't do anything due to the fact that our new prez hasn't got the latest save(only the 100BC not the 200AD)

Or do I restart that last part?

Shade
                "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

Wow! Quite an active little thread. Apparently, the ppl thirst for political action!

How were our first VPs selected? Were they Presidential also-rans or political appointees? Seems like the VP as a patronage job run counter the notion of a democratic game.

Not that I object to our new President Shade having his ideal Slave Labor power structure...!

*-Jrabbit atones lest he be fed to the camels.*

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                    How were our first VPs selected? Were they Presidential also-rans or political appointees?
                    Euh normally the VP is the second one in the presidential ellection,since I was the only one...we had kind of a problem and ppl wanted me to select a VP so I did.

Not that I object to our new President Shade having his ideal Slave Labor power structure...!

Shade

Comment

Working...
                    X