Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on the forum?

What is your opinion?

I think that the forum has been a success, and I am quite sure all of you posters have enjoy this forum!
    Play the Demo Games!!
    Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
    Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

it has certainly added a new chapter to the game
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

...and post counts!

No, really, it's being fun so far
      "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
      Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
      Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
      Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Very engaging game concept and much fun. It's slow, clunky, inefficient, and frustrating -- just like my government.

--Still hoping this game will hit its stride, with more (and more timely) polls.

--I suggest a separate thread where we can find all final poll results. And the game year when they were taken.

--I get no sense of *when* here. Maybe the Prez could light a fire by posting the next intended play date and questions that the ministers need to address.

Oh, and thanx for organizing this game, adamsj.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It's been enjoyable both as president and as citizen.

I hope the current administration will adopt my early suggestion to run the polls and playing on a 3-4 day schedule. (Play on day 1, inform ministers on day 2, poll on days 3 and 4, restart the cycle) That way people will know when it is (game time), when they will need to vote (real time), and how the game progresses. The current willy-nilly schedule following our presidential crisis should smooth out.
          The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
          intelligence to few.

Comment

A big thumbs-up to the Marquis' plan.

(signed)
            A Nascent Sodquista
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

this is an interesting game and adds yet another way to play Civ
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Looking back in time (as I have been of late), the original idea came to this forum from adamsj, who originally posted on the subect on 17 Jan 02.

It would appear that he brought the idea here from civfanatics, where this sort of thing has apparently gone on for some time. The idea generated some momentum and was rewarded, at the request of adamsj, with this, its own forum, by MarkG on 28 Jan 02.

First official citizens/posters after the forum's birth were: the Scouse Gits (in concert), shade, Hydey, kassiopeia, and adamsj. (Props ) Other early members (per the "Join the Democracy Game" thread) included AlbertB, ixnay37, gopher, and Immortal Wombat.

The first election took place on 06 Feb 02. The results:

President Marquis de Sodaq
                Vice President Shaka Naldur

On 18 Feb 02, adamsj posted: "So now we have a cabinet and we have started the game and have settled (I think completely) our first island!" (sic)

The first High ( ) Council consisted of

Science Advisor Gramphos
                Foreign Advisor adamsj
                Military Advisor shade
                Trade Advisor El Awrence
                City Planner kassiopeia
                Imperial Expansion Planner Frank Johnson
                Historian AlbertB

Posted by
                Bureau of Revisionist History
                Research Division

Comment

Yes ,but who were the original inventer's at CFC ,before this game started?
                  TufnshcfdekleDoar

I give you advice!

Comment

Working...
                  X