No announcement yet.

Build Orders for New Castellon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if the poll is a tie kassiopea has the right to decide which option is the ones that wins

we made a poll in the begining for that
    Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
    Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
    miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Gotta be Diplomats

I think New Castellon needs to build a diplomat. A new poll between diplo, settler, our best defensive unit, and whatever his ministerness wants for a final poll. This way we avoid any confusion.

edit: anyway, we don't have the 50% there that we agreed on was needed for a decision.
      --------------------------------
      Sir Banana

Trade Minister of the Democracy Game

Comment

Non-combat. Even 2. Settler first, then diplomat.

Comment

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq
          I just suggested in another thread that you, as minister, should exercise your authority to make a short list of options for a city. That is, don't poll all 16 options - decide what are the most important, and let the masses decide from them. You are the minister, after all, not just a pollster...

(kassiopeia telling the public what it wants and why)
          Sorry, was away for some time. Of course, my job is to monitor only the guidelines, and all well I could from now on just do a poll like this and then decide what to do, in conjunction with the Military Advisor (mil. units), the Exp Minister, the Trade Minister etc.

If Military unit wins, I'll also consider a Diplomat. We will see.

That's BS! In Civ 2, any unit that doesn't have any attack point can't be considered a Military Unit!
          My point exactly, that is why the Trireme is a Military Unit. All of you, consider this as a "first-case-scenario". This way, is the way that will be used from now on!
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

When will this poll close anyway?
            "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
            Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
            Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
            Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

In 1.5 hours.
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Close it! Close it!
                Non-military won with 8 votes!
                "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Looks like a poll with the NC units then? An explorer, a settler, a diplo and a caravan... Could have our best def. unit, in this case phalanx/legion/archer as options also.

Comment

How can you possibly do that, Kassio?!?
                    How can you include ANY kind of military unit in that poll, attacker or defender?

Sheesh!

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot

How can you possibly do that, Kassio?!?
                      How can you include ANY kind of military unit in that poll, attacker or defender?

Sheesh!
                      Excuse me, but I did excercise my liberty to use a judgement call here. Besides, the Diplomat is clearly going to win.

If you want to do my job, then feel free to nominate yourself in the next election.

Comment

Originally posted by kassiopeia
                        Excuse me, but I did excercise my liberty to use a judgement call here.
                        What judgement call? Where? Who are you trying to fool? You were the first to include Phalanxes as a military unit!
                        Categories:
                        Military Units (Phalanx, Warriors, Triremes etc.)
                        Non-Combat Units (Settlers, Explorers, Caravans, Diplomats etc.)
                        City Improvements
                        Wonders of the World
                        And then, after the poll being closed, and despite the N-M unit vote have won, you still have the nerve to include the phalanx and other military units in the poll!
                        Looks like a poll with the NC units then? An explorer, a settler, a diplo and a caravan... Could have our best def. unit, in this case phalanx/legion/archer as options also.
                        Again, I ask you: Who are you trying to fool? This is not the USA! We will not accept a military lobby!
                        And you even agreed that even a Trireme is a military unit! And an archer or a phalanx are not?

Besides, the Diplomat is clearly going to win.
                        Yeah, try to disguise it! Well someone did vote for an archer, a 3/2/1 unit! I don't care who did it! It's just that this time, it shouldn't be there!

If you want to do my job, then feel free to nominate yourself in the next election.
                        I don't like to be considered as a stupid person.
                        You try to insert a lobby in this game, and I'll expose it!

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot

We will not accept a military lobby!
                          I agree no military lobby without me knowing about it

Shade (go diplo go...)
                          ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                          shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Now THIS is democracy in action!

kass is right -- If the ministers do nothing but blindly follow inconclusive polls, we're likely in for a rough ride.

Why get so exercised over this, Zealot? After all, our beloved city plannier can recommend whatever he sees fit to President BloomIII (whio is Actually Playing The Game) no matter what the next poll reveals.

Besides, IIRC, no poll category got 50 percent.

**(notes impressive gains in combatants' post counts, waits for press conference announcing Zealot's new career in politics )
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit

Now THIS is democracy in action!

kass is right -- If the ministers do nothing but blindly follow inconclusive polls, we're likely in for a rough ride.

Why get so exercised over this, Zealot? After all, our beloved city plannier can recommend whatever he sees fit to President BloomIII (whio is Actually Playing The Game) no matter what the next poll reveals.

**(notes impressive gains in combatants' post counts, waits for press conference announcing Zealot's new career in politics )
                              I agree with -Jrabbit! You as cabinet members should if necessary, (your decision) to go for be of flexible!
                              Play the Demo Games!!
                              Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
                              Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Comment

Huh, excuse me, but what is inconclusive about this poll? N-M units won, so the next poll will only include N-M units!
                                What-is-so-hard-to-under-stand?

If he is allowed to do that, then I'm out of here. But please, don't call it a Democracy game. Call it an Oligarchy.

What rule is this? I don't remember seeing it before!
                                So you mean that a relative majority is no longer valid, only absolute majorities? I don't consider this to be very democratic... For example, the portuguese government doesn't have absolute majority in the parliament, and is really likely not to have on the next elections. Still, if the majority of the deputies vote on a specific topic, that topic is approved, wether it has or not more than 50% of votes!
                                Now this is democracy.

Comment

Working...
                                X