Build Orders for New Castellon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build Orders for New Castellon

Since there are over 16 options to build, it is decreed that there is firstly to be a little pre-poll to decide, from which category will we decide to build on.

Details on the state of New Castellon; http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...125#post801306

Categories:
    Military Units (Phalanx, Warriors, Triremes etc.)
    Non-Combat Units (Settlers, Explorers, Caravans, Diplomats etc.)
    City Improvements
    Wonders of the World
    Military Unit
    38.89%
    Non-Combat Unit
    44.44%
    City Improvement
    11.11%
    Wonder of the World
    5.56%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Kassiopeia; March 11, 2002, 18:39.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

I'm thinking Military Unit because of New Castellon's closeness to a hostile Bombay.
    Here's a link.

Comment

I think you forgot the most important NON-combat unitIPLO
      (or if you call that a combat unit add one vote to combat and remove one from non-combat)

==>We have 2 defencive units(they will do for now)=>build a diplo for counterespionage/bribery of enemy units that come to close,...

Shade
      ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
      shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by shade
        I think you forgot the most important NON-combat unit: DIPLO
        (or if you call that a combat unit add one vote to combat and remove one from non-combat)
        My listings were only examples. Vote for non-combat; if it wins, then you can vote later for a diplomat.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I know,but it is the only 'NON-combat' unit that is used in battle,so I wasn't completely sure.
          (thx for the update )

Shade
          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

but in that city we still need more military units, is a military base rather than a city
            Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
            Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
            miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Gotta be non-combat

A diplo built right here would be real nice so that we can get an embassy, then after that a settler could do wonders to make our city pretty with roads and the such. As well as fortifications for any war that could erupt for some strange reason in the area.
              --------------------------------
              Sir Banana

Trade Minister of the Democracy Game

Comment

Need to defend is the most important at this time!
                Play the Demo Games!!
                Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
                Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Comment

Why the hell do we need a third military unit?
                  We're at peace, and we don't need more units!
                  With that positioning, what New Castellon needs is a nice settler to make several roads, and irrigate that bull! NChas a great growth potetial! Make it big, then make some more defenders. Until then 2 (!) units is enough! I mean, with what will the Indians attack us eventually? Do they ahve anything other than Warrior and Phalanx? Archer, maybe?

Non-military for NC!
                  "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                  Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                  Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                  Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

I fear that early proponents of diplo may have voted in the combat unit category. If combat unit wins, please include diplo in the choices, kasseopeia.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                      I fear that early proponents of diplo may have voted in the combat unit category. If combat unit wins, please include diplo in the choices, kasseopeia.
                      like this idea==> it could be seen as one of the strongest units we have(in combo with money),he can defend against any strength type of unit (and make them join us=> we don't need to build our troop just buy them )

Shade

Comment

That's BS! In Civ 2, any unit that doesn't have any attack point can't be considered a Military Unit!

This game is starting to be rigged!
                        "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                        Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                        Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                        Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

*brings Valium *
                          relax...we'll see what happens eventually(looks like the units are in a draw at the moment)
                          Diplo's aren't millitary units (so they belong in the NON-combat section) But some of use spies/diplo's as vast attackforces(bribing and damaging everything in their path,wich could make them be considered as military units,kinda ambiguous)

Shade(relaxing )

Comment

Gotcha!

*brings Valium *
                            No use dude! I'm so screwed up that only Prozac gets to me.

relax...we'll see what happens eventually(looks like the units are in a draw at the moment)
                            Diplo's aren't millitary units (so they belong in the NON-combat section) But some of use spies/diplo's as vast attackforces(bribing and damaging everything in their path,wich could make them be considered as military units,kinda ambiguous)

Shade(relaxing )
                            Can I have some of that?
                            Attached Files

Comment

I just suggested in another thread that you, as minister, should exercise your authority to make a short list of options for a city. That is, don't poll all 16 options - decide what are the most important, and let the masses decide from them. You are the minister, after all, not just a pollster...

(kassiopeia telling the public what it wants and why)
                              The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                              intelligence to few.

Comment

Working...
                              X