Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do We Make The Game Available To Everyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do We Make The Game Available To Everyone?

Fairly straight forward.
    Yes, the peons must know what is happening.
    16.67%
    No, the Ministers will handle the details.
    70.83%
    Abstain, whatever.
    8.33%
    Banana
    4.17%

The poll is expired.

Here's a link.

You can't trust US!
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I voted 'No'. Otherwise it would lose the interest, because I bet a lot of us (yours truly included) who cheat and... see the map.

Keep the thrill. Keep it to yourselves. We know everything we want to know right now!
      Right?
      "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
      Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
      Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
      Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

just reveal more to the trustworthy monks who can pray for your rule to continue
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Maybe you can start by supplying the cabinet with the game already!!!
          I'm desperatly waiting...

Shade
          ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
          shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Of course not. By the way, I also voted no for the ministers to have the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
              Of course not. By the way, I also voted no for the ministers to have the game.
              ever tried playing Civ 2 with your eyes closed?

Shade
              "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

Sure, you not?

If I understand your role right, you are an advisor, meaning you give the president advice what to do in a particular situation. Play the game does the president, not you. That means, he has to support you with needed information before, which may include a picture ("tactical map"), a short description or both.

And if the answer is so clear, why did you initiate such a poll then?

Comment

no, some people would look at the map and say "go this way, there's _____ there", thus spoiling the game.
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

he has to support you with needed information before, which may include a picture ("tactical map"), a short description or both.
                    Who says he can do that?

And if the answer is so clear, why did you initiate such a poll then?
                    what the...

Shade

Comment

Originally posted by shade
                      what the...
                      Shade
                      I'm referring to this thread. A military advisor with amnesia?

Comment

I'm referring to this thread. A military advisor with amnesia?
                        Then what is the question that seems to be so clear to me?(which you are refering to)
                        ==>I put up that poll just to change the initial idea of only the pres and vice having the save(I already brought the problem to atention the moment we started but no-one then had a problem with it,they all thought they could easily work blindfolded ,now...they want to see)

Shade

Comment

no

as Zealot says a lot of people would cheat,
                          probably the president would do something not very honest but if it is just him is not a big deal
                          Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
                          Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                          miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by shade
                            Then what is the question that seems to be so clear to me?(which you are refering to)
                            The point is, that you attacked me because I admitted to have voted "no" for the ministers to have the game. If you can't accept a "nay", there's no need to initiate a poll, and it's time to rename the Democratic game into Tyranny game or alike .

Comment

The point is, that you attacked me because I admitted to have voted "no" for the ministers to have the game. If you can't accept a "nay", there's no need to initiate a poll, and it's time to rename the Democratic game into Tyranny game or alike .
                              so that's what it is just because of a cynical reply in wich I wanted to show the opposite site of the problem.(btw I absolutely don't care if you said yes or no,I only care about the final result off the poll.I agree that it's not necessary for the citizens to have the save,but it really makes it a lot easier if the cabinet could make use of it(it should speed things up,believe it or not).We'll call it a tyranny game when the president starts using the cabinet as someone using the civ2-High-Council)

*makes note not to joke when SR is around*

Shade

Comment

Working...
                              X