Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marquis de Sodaq-> may he become vice or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquis de Sodaq-> may he become vice or not?

OK,as you all know we need a new vice-president.
    In the thread "we need a vice" there is a small discussion of who it will be.There is one eager volunteer Marquis de sodaq,the question is ,since he isn't a member of the current cabinet is he allowed to become vice?(some are saying you have to be in the cabinet(or last ellections))

conclusion:lets ask the ppl

Will you allow Marquis to be vice-president or not.
    (if there are other volunteers please put your name here(all of you),so if there are there can be held ellections when this poll is over)

This poll is spread over 2 days.
    So vote

list of volunteers that you will be able to ellect from:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marquis de Sodaq
    steelhc
    Frank Johnson

Shade
    Yes,MdS is allowed to participate in these elections for vice-president(and also other none cabietmembers who voluteer)
    82.14%
    No,this job has to be done by an other cabinetmember(or someone from the last ellections)
    17.86%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by shade; March 11, 2002, 13:40.
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Two things:

1) I volunteer, even though no-one knows me, and I am not a Civ2 expert.

2) I think that the Marquis should be allowed to become Vice President.

Steele
    If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

NO! You beat me to it with helping on the "How to make Apolyton your homepage" thread. Vendetta upon you!

Just kidding steelehc.

My methods would be more... insidious if I were against you. BWAHAHAHA!
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by steelehc
        1) I volunteer, even though no-one knows me, and I am not a Civ2 expert.
        Steele
        => that's not a problem just listen very good at you cabinet then

Shade
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

Especially to the Esteemed Military Advisor.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
            Of course,everybody knows that.
            (you really are learning )

Shade

Comment

Are there assigned and formal duties of the Vice President other than just replacing the President?
              Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
              Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
              Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
              Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

not really,except listening to the greeves of our ppl.

Shade

Comment

Well, like I said, I volunteer, and/or nominate myself for the position.

Steele
                  If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

We could host open elections... It is always interesting to allow more people to participate in government.

Although... what exactly would the VP do?
                    Do we need to vote on the Powers of the VP?
                    -->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

From the Apolytonia "Constitution" thread...

Section 2: The Vice President

The Vice President is responsible for exercising the powers of the President when the President is for whatever reason incapable of doing so.
                      I think thats rather clear.

Steele

Comment

I still think that the Vice-president should be apointed by the president.

If one day I'm elected President, I'm going to change the rules to allow myself to apoint my own vice-president! Consider yourself warned!
                        "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                        Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                        Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                        Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Of course,everybody knows that.
                          (you really are learning )

Shade
                          Have the brainwashing, ahem, reeducation squads been at work lately?
                          --------------------------------
                          Sir Banana

Trade Minister of the Democracy Game

Comment

I thank all Sodaquistas (and others) for their growing support in this time of uncertainty. More participation is better for the game!

Besides, I am the only citizen with the experience for the job...

(Sodaq telling his "friend" to keep an eye on that Zealot rabble rouser...)
                            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                            intelligence to few.

Comment

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq

(Sodaq telling his "friend" to keep an eye on that Zealot rabble rouser...)
                              Who, me?

Marquis, don't worry, you're going to win the vice-presidency AND with MY vote! It's just that in a Democracy, the vice president is always apointed, not elected! The vice is supposed to be the president's backup, so I think the prez should want someone of his trust...

Fortunatly, I think all who have run for presidency and for the cabinet are trusworthy, so don't think I'm complaining about someone, ok?
                              "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                              Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                              Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                              Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Working...
                              X