Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

founding a city in the island of rome and india??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• founding a city in the island of rome and india??

I think we should do it,

we need a head in that continent,
    in just three turns we can have that city with already one unit defending it,
    come on guys, let´s do it

what do you think?

I know this should be post by the advisor but he hasn´t do it yet, so
    yes, we need a city there
    93.33%
    no
    6.67%

The poll is expired.

Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
    Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
    miguelsana@mixmail.com

it also has a second advantage : when we need to withdraw troops they end up in this city not on an other island.

(ps since this city is placed near/in enemy territory I think it's production should concentrate on military troops/buildings,we don't want to defend that city with haistacks,don't we, noble leader )

Shade
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

So far, the screen shots haven't been good enough to consider new settlement. Besides, it is a choice for the military and foreign affairs side to make an agressive city placement, while I might come along and suggest the exact location.

Comment

we could use the city to pass caravans through for trade.
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Having a city on an other civs continent may offer means of bribery of our own advances , especialy if we are forward (it's our aim, is n't it ?).
          The danger is more important than the benefits if Rome and Indians are on an island as us.
          A solution is to discover the form of this island/continent with our trirem before founding or not a city here.
          Btw, we have most places on others islands for growing.
          JCP
          Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Originally posted by JCP
            Having a city on an other civs continent may offer means of bribery of our own advances , especialy if we are forward (it's our aim, is n't it ?).
            The danger is more important than the benefits if Rome and Indians are on an island as us.
            A solution is to discover the form of this island/continent with our trirem before founding or not a city here.
            Btw, we have most places on others islands for growing.
            I don't think the risks are that high(even if the Indians and Romans have diplo's) there are many ways to counteract most attack attempts.(techstealling can be avoided by our own diplo's(and lateron spies))
            ==> go for it but keep it well garded.

Shade
            "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

Ok, I accept the President's proposal. Not that I like it, but I don't think that it's such a bad proposal...

Nevertheless, next time you propose something like this, you better give us some screenshots of possible city locations, or I *WILL* veto any proposals like this!
              "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
              Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
              Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
              Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot
                Nevertheless, next time you propose something like this, you better give us some screenshots of possible city locations, or I *WILL* veto any proposals like this!
                yep a screen shot would be nice=> even now.

*notes zealot as possible co-conspiritor in upcomming coup*

Shade

Comment

Originally posted by shade

Shade
                  Contact Sodaquista HQ for the informative Coup d'etat booklet, now in paperback.

I say that if we want a city on their continent, we take one. Then we can build our own...
                  The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                  intelligence to few.

Comment

Nah, I just like to act tough and mean in this forum!

Watch:
                    Besides, I would never vote for you, Shade!

"BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Shade
                      For that kind of thing, we need a "Home Secretary" (in french : "Ministere de l'Interieur")
                      JCP
                      Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Build new city and defend it. Let them declare war so we can then take theirs. We have the triremes available to create intercontinental trade or create a mobile strike force, so let's create a destination for them.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot
                          Besides, I would never vote for you, Shade!

Shade

Comment

i´ve founded the city, mbloomIII will post the screenshots, i´m sorry but probably i´m going to be away a few days
                            Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
                            Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                            miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Working...
                            X