News of our world: 1750 bc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News of our world: 1750 bc

Time rolls on, the dark unknown clears before our sturdy triremes. Our cities begin to gather settlers to expand our realm boyond Apolytonia, our glorious isle...

Minister Shade, one trireme w/warrior appears on the screen shot. The second trireme is at the green dot. The red dot shows where another coastline lies, altho not visible in the image.
    Attached Files
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Minister kasseopeia, here is what we are doing in town...
    Attached Files

intelligence to few.

Comment

Our eager troops...
      Attached Files

intelligence to few.

Comment

Minister El Awrence, your job has been rather dull so far , but here is your information:
        Attached Files

intelligence to few.

Comment

Minister Gramphos, altho you've already polled about coming techs, I can post images like this in the future to aid your polling. This shows the window that will pop up in 1700bc, as we discover currency next turn.
          Attached Files

intelligence to few.

Comment

As your president , I suggest some general approaches:

That juicy camel breeding tech looks very tempting. Vote, citizens!

Let's explore the second row of tiles offshore our main island - if fish and whales are there, we will have an easy time picking the last 2 city spots on our home island.

While the triremes and warriors poke around, let's build roads! Arrow production is good. We'll need temples before too long, too.

intelligence to few.

Comment

We need roads and irrigation. Horse Riding would be a good tech to research so that we have descent exploring units when we find a nice big landmass.
              Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq
                Minister Gramphos, altho you've already polled about coming techs, I can post images like this in the future to aid your polling. This shows the window that will pop up in 1700bc, as we discover currency next turn.
                Well, then there is no problem keeping on the path for trade.
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Okay, I just rechecked that poll, and trade only had 30% of the voters support, so I might as well do a new poll to confirm that we shal go trade.
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

How big is the treasury?

Also, I agree, we need more roads = trade = income = more money. And, breeding camels should be an interesting tech to boost arrow production too.

Comment

before putting the warrior's ashore I suggest that we let the trireme in the north go around the corner(up-Right) just to make sure it isn't a 4-square island(what I think it is)
                      and the one in the south follow the coast for 1 more turn(also looks like a little island )
                      so If our president could be so friendly to post a screenshot of the next turn I'll know what I can poll for...now the risk is very high that it are only 2 small islands.

btw I would suggest the camelbreeding to(if they don't give enough monney we can still eat them )

Shade
                      ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                      shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by shade

btw I would suggest the camelbreeding to(if they don't give enough monney we can still eat them )
                        Yes Yes feast on the camels , this will swell our population.
                        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

first is to colonise is to put a city in the new lands discovered

afterwards work on our home island

and discover horseback riding
                          Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
                          Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                          miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Minister Shade:

Here is the image for one turn later... The north island is not so small!
                            Attached Files

intelligence to few.

Comment

I still vote south for first colonization.
                              "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                              Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                              Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                              Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Working...
                              X