Secondary research target.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary research target.

We are now aiming for Trade, after Map Making. But as that is one way only we'll need to decide what to aim for after that, so that we hopfully always will be able to select a tech.

Open for 48 hours. Try to vote for options with as many parts as possible, so we can pause this voting for some time.

Right now we are a bit before the game, but Science polls can take time, and we need to keep it one step ahead of the game to keep it going.
    Feudalism
    5.56%
    Horseback Riding
    5.56%
    Iron Working
    0.00%
    Masonry
    11.11%
    Mysticism
    0.00%
    Seafaring
    0.00%
    Writing
    5.56%
    Horseback Riding - The Wheel
    5.56%
    Horseback Riding - Polytheism
    0.00%
    Masonry - Mathematics
    0.00%
    Writing - Literacy
    5.56%
    Writing - Literacy - Republic
    16.67%
    Writing - Literacy - Republic - (Trade) - Banking
    11.11%
    Masonry - (Currency) - Construction
    0.00%
    Mysticism - Masonry - Mathematics - Astronomy
    5.56%
    Mysticism - Writing - Literacy - Philosophy
    27.78%

The poll is expired.

Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

I want horsies and chariots

Shade
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

what is your suggestion oh great minister of science?
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

On behalf of the paranoid isolationists, I favour Pikemen. Best defense ancient coinage can buy!
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I suggest that we go in a scientific direction, which makes any option including writing a good option.

Regarding defense right now I think we are quite save where we are. It will take some time before our island will be threatened, but I leave the final suggestions for that to our defense minister.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
            Regarding defense right now I think we are quite save where we are. It will take some time before our island will be threatened, but I leave the final suggestions for that to our defense minister.
            I agree with our science minister,there are no immediate treads from other nations.(I don't see the arrival of a huge foreign landingforce in the comming 10-15 turns)Barbs...is something else...
            To counter this possible tread,I would first go for units with move 2(to explore faster) and after this go for diplo's they are ideal for defence vs barbs (bribe-> kill)
            -->So I can also live with a scientific path.

Shade
            ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
            "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
            shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

I voted Masonry, so we can build the Pyramids, so our empire can grow!
              "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
              Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
              Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
              Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

SSC! Ast-ron-o-my! SSC! Ast-ron-o-my!

I just love Copernicus' Observatory...
                The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                intelligence to few.

Comment

This start to lok very interesting. And I have the final desicion in case of a tie.

Comment

Ah, but if there is a tie between those multiple paths, you can't untie them by picking the whole path! You will just pick the first tech, and them make another poll for future research!

Don't forget that in 12 voters, if 3 vote for a multiple path and are the winners, the other 9 might not want it ever! But because they have their votes scattered, they weren't paying much attention wether they should unite against/for a specific path!
                    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

I know exactly how to evaluate things.

I'll count the vots for each thech (not part) and from that make the desired path. Riight now it looks as if it will be Writing - Literacy

Comment

No, wrong! Right now it will be Mysticism! The combo Mysticism-Philosophy has 3 votes! If the Writing-Literature combo ties with the combo previously stated, THEN you will untie between either Mysticism OR Writing!
                        And we move on to a new poll!

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot
                          No, wrong! Right now it will be Mysticism! The combo Mysticism-Philosophy has 3 votes! If the Writing-Literature combo ties with the combo previously stated, THEN you will untie between either Mysticism OR Writing!
                          No, It will be Writing - Literacy. Republic has 1 vote, Banking 2 votes, and Philosophy 3 votes Gives a total of 6 votes that all involves Writing - Literacy, compared to Mysticism, that only was 4 votes.

Comment

I'm really sorry to say this, but then you should stop putting more than one tech in the same option. Because the way I see it, if the people wanted writtinh, then the option 'writting' should be voted.
                            I understand that paths are good to give the people a notion of what we could get ahead in some techs. But if this is to be played democraticly, then we should vote for one, and only one tech at a time.

This will prevent science lobbies!

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot
                              And BTW, I stated before that the order of the techs in the combos doesn't have to be in the same order as they shall be resarched. If a combo wins I'll do a Poll on which tech to start with, and if that tech can't be selected we'll start with the other. If it is too little time to do a poll the start tech will be selected based on other poll otions for the techs in the combo. For a combo to be defined as winner (Full way) it would need >50% of the votes.

Comment

Working...
                              X