No announcement yet.

Demo Game #5 - Our journey begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would prefer to wait for our glorious leader, but if the citizens demand it then I will play a round.
    Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

StuporMan's message implied that he would be back in a few days, so it seems reasonable to wait.

But hasn't it been quiet without him

RJM at Sleeper's
      Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Cavebear – has your appetite been sufficiently wetted to join our fledgling empire ?

Fellow citizens – I agree with waiting for StuporMan but only for the sake of continuity.

Is it usual practise in a Democracy Game that the save isn’t posted ?

Strategy – my feeling on the idea of using settlers to join cities is that it is counter productive i.e. decreasing pop. in one city to increase in another whilst costing shields. However I am mindful that that size 5 cities are imperative to that end should we now be allowing early cities to grow naturally ( i.e. don’t produce any more settlers ) also any settlers produced in early will be some distance away from the expansion front. I also think the none settler would be better as a city.

RJM – I think the relative inactivity reflects the current pace of the game so hopefully it will become very busy very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by dunnm
          Is it usual practise in a Democracy Game that the save isn’t posted ?

RJM – I think the relative inactivity reflects the current pace of the game so hopefully it will become very busy very soon.
          In the original games, the save was never posted. Screen shots were posted with more or less information depending on the poster. The ministers were the only people to get the save. In the most recent game before the current one, the saves were posted. It has become a matter for the leader to decide (or the citizens to demand if they feel strongly about it).

I suspect the lack of posting goes beyond the current democracy game. The general section has also been very quiet. I think it is a symptom that our little community is getting smaller and less energetic. As far as I can see, only the scenario forum is thriving at the moment.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

Strategy – my feeling on the idea of using settlers to join cities is that it is counter productive i.e. decreasing pop. in one city to increase in another whilst costing shields. However I am mindful that that size 5 cities are imperative to that end should we now be allowing early cities to grow naturally ( i.e. don’t produce any more settlers ) also any settlers produced in early will be some distance away from the expansion front. I also think the none settler would be better as a city.
            You make a good point, growing the city to a size 6 or 7 and continuing to XIN will increase the beaker production, however getting 3 city to size 5 will be a larger benefit. The more quickly we get our first few cities to XIN stage the better chance we have to get our needed beakers. With 0 science spending it will take a LOT of Xinning.

The natural growth process is too slow in the size 2&3 cities but once you hit the "magic 5" production has picked up enough that afterwards growth can happen relatively quick. Also the sooner we get to Republic the sonner we can celebrate.

I do agree that the NONE settler is a special commodity and should be used for our early roads and later irrigation rather than join a city.
            Wizards sixth rule:
            "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
            Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

My Citizens,

I have returned and I expect to have an update by tomorrow afternoon.

StuporMan
              Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.

StuporMan's Supply and Demand Calculator
              Supply and Demand Calculator 2.0.1 Beta Now loading savegames!

Comment

Welcome back oh mighty leader.

Laisez les bonnes temps rouler (or something like that )

RJM

Comment

Could our beloved leader please post the save for all to see?

Comment

My Citizens,

I apologize for the delay and for the brevity of this summary. I have been exceptionally busy as of late, and have not had the time for Civ2 that I might have liked.

Our progress to 2000BC has been largely uneventful. We now have a fourth city, Zeddtown, that was founded in 2300BC. There have also been a small number of warriors built over the past 500 years.

I am posting the save file for all citizens to see. I would have liked to have posted more like previous years, but I unfortunately just lack the time right now. I again will be absent for another week upcoming and then Grad School starts shortly after. It may be time for someone else to take the throne for a time, as I am afraid I may fall too far behind to keep this game sucessful.

StuporMan
                    Attached Files
                    Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.

StuporMan's Supply and Demand Calculator
                    Supply and Demand Calculator 2.0.1 Beta Now loading savegames!

Comment

Any throne takers?
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Where is Task Force 34?? The World Wonders....
                        Monk ...nods to CINCPAC, 3RD Fleet
                        so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

We are in need of a leader. Once we have a leader he can go out and get some followers. After that it'll be plain sailing.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

Working...
                          X