Demo Game #5 - Our journey begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo Game #5 - Our journey begins

Greetings Citizens of the Almighty Apolytonian Empire!

This is your All-Wise Emperor StuporMan, and I am here to give an update as to the state of the Empire as of 3500 BC.

Finding the starting site unsuitable to my taste, I had our two groups of settlers move in differing directions. One moved to the southwest, whilst the other moved northwest.

Finding the southwest site to my liking, I had the great city of Apolyton founded in 3950BC. Liking this "City" concept, I decide that we should make more of them. Production is set to a new settler. I elect to have the Apolytonians work in the forest, as this will get that new settler more quickly. The other settler was making roads through the empire. I decided this was a worthy ambition, so I left it to go about its business, roading and looking for new spots to place a new city. As many of you will recall, on a whim in 3800BC I spent 4 gold to give my taskmasters some new whips to help speed up the production of some warriors. I changed my mind on the warriors, however, and switched production back to the settlers. Rest assured that the new whips will still be put to good use and will not go to waste!

All of this continued until 3600BC, when I learned that the English had destroyed the hapless Indian civilization. We must be wary, for these English seem to be very agressive. Perhaps we should build a few warriors soon. The next hundred years passed uneventfully, and I expect our settlers to be ready to build a city around 3300BC.

I commissioned some artisans and scribes to provide you with the image found below. For the 4% of you that can read, you can get a good indication of our current status in the world. For the rest of you, just look at the pretty picture and remember rights and privileges are your enemy and knowledge is a curse!

Now I must retire to the fine palace you have built for me. I have need for much thought and many preparations to make for the surprise feast you are about to have in my honor, well that and I need a nap. Now get back to work doing my will!

Emperor StuporMan
    Attached Files
    Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.

StuporMan's Supply and Demand Calculator
    Supply and Demand Calculator 2.0.1 Beta Now loading savegames!

Well begun is half done, but I hope our noble leader will soon build many cities.

RJM at Sleeper's
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

I will be unable to play another set of ten turns until sometime the middle of next week. If there need to be more polls, then I can obviously delay playing until later. However, if no one is opposed I will continue expanding until 4 cities, then will start growth. About the time the third settler is made, we should probably talk strategy some more. Until that time, I will continue to play around 10 turns per week.

StuporMan
      Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.

Comment

sounds good

remember rights and privileges are your enemy and knowledge is a curse!
        i bow to your wisdom,of course
        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Play on O' honorable and exalted king Stuporman.

Just as a reminder for future, it is advisable to send your trusted advisors the .sav file for the posting of polls. Of course that list consists of RJM as city planner :???: (IIRC)
          Wizards sixth rule:
          "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
          Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd

Play on O' honorable and exalted king Stuporman.

Just as a reminder for future, it is advisable to send your trusted advisors the .sav file for the posting of polls. Of course that list consists of RJM as city planner :???: (IIRC)
            ... and yourself advising on everything else.

At the moment the city planners advice is "give me cities oh noble leader".

BTW I shall be away for a long weekend, without access to the net. I expect to be back on Tuesday.

RJM at Sleeper's
            Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

play on despot, play on
              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Great King,

Let the journey continue, enlighten us with news of our prosperity.
                Wizards sixth rule:
                "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Your Emperor has returned!

I have just arrived back from my vacation. I should be able to give an update on the state of the empire by tomorrow. Hopefully then I will remember to send the .sav file to my advisors!

StuporMan

Comment

The account of the next 500 years.

Citizens of the mighty empire of Apolytonia, your Wise and Gracious Emperor StuporMan sends his greetings!

Much has happened since I last addressed you. So let me enlighten you as to the state of our mighty empire!

In 3350, in the great city of Apolyton finally finished producing its very own set of settlers. Now some have claimed that this is a "trick" to produce these settlers while at "size 1." These dissidents were promptly executed. I will not have the great works of my fine citizens disparaged by claims of trickery! Due to this unsettling bit of dissention, no doubt a plot by those English people to destroy us as they did the Indians, I decided to build some warriors to defend my pala... I mean, to defend our peoples against these dangerous people and their ideas. Remember, ideas are dangerous, that is why your benevolent emperor tells you what to think. In this case I elected to have you think fertile thoughts, so that the city of Apolyton would grow in size.

These wonderous new settlers were sent on a mission, and this mission was to found a grand new city! Their mission was fulfilled in 3200BC when the city of Stuporopolis was founded. It too was set to build some warriors as dissenters will not be tolerated!

In 3100BC, the warriors in Apolyton were completed with a little encouragement from my taskmasters. They did require some extra gold for new "motivational" tools, but I was willing to tolerate the expense for the good of the people. These warriors were stationed near my palace, so that I could help them locate any dissenters. It is a sacrifice to keep eternally vigilant against dangerous ideas, but your Emperor will go to any lengths to ensure the safety of himsel... I mean his people.

In 3050BC, our marvelous city grew miraculously from size 1 to size 2. As a reward for thinking just as you were supposed to, you were then told to think productive thoughts and two separate parties were held in the forest. These parties of course consisted of your favorite activities, doing what you are commanded and hard labor to produce more settlers. Unfortunately, as leader I was needed in the palace to eat a large feast and listen to people praise my wisdom for paying some gold to send some of my motivational taskmasters and their equipment to Stuporopolis to help complete the warriors there. A terrible fate I know, but I am willing to sacrifice for the good of the many!

Now that it is 3000BC, my plans are to have the warrior from Stuporopolis explore the land, looking for dissenters and good working locations before returning to the city before it reaches size 2. Remember citizens of Stuporopolis, think fertile thoughts! Likewise, citizens of Apolyton, continue working on those new settlers and think productive thoughts!

Now I have sought some information about the rest of the world and determined the top 5 rated cities. Why Stuporopolis did not appear on the list I cannot explain, but I plan to rectify by razing the other cities to the ground!
                    1. Babylon (Babylonian)
                    2. Apolyton
                    3. London (English)
                    4. Delhi (English)
                    5. Karakorum (Mongol)

Again, I have commissioned artisans to create a picture of our Empire for you to gaze upon and be amazed. After you have gazed upon our splendor, go and do my will!

Also, I will need to have a word with my advisors as to how they wish to receive their more detailed update of our progress. If RJM and Zedd could please send me a message privately on how they wish to receive this information I will get it to them immediately. I shall probably have need of their advice over the next 500 years.

Emperor StuporMan

Comment

Here is the picture I promised.

StuporMan
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by StuporMan
                        Here is the picture I promised.

StuporMan
                        The picture doesnt work

Comment

atawa,

I have checked on two machines and I can see it just fine. What seems to be the problem with the picture? It is in jpg format, which should display on almost any computer.

StuporMan

Comment

Works fine now, yesterday I only got to see an X.

Comment

worked for me oh noble leader
                              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Working...
                              X