A new game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new game?

My impression is that there is not sufficient interest for another game - but I'd love to be proved wrong.

RJM at Sleeper's
    Yes!!! I want to lead or proud country to further glory
    25.00%
    Maybe - I might be able to post from time to time
    50.00%
    No - it's time to move on
    0.00%
    I'd prefer to smuggle curly bananas into the EU
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

Fill me with the old familiar juice

i would be willing to participate(returning to civ2 a bit)

thats my impression too,however,that there is not enough interest
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

3 votes, i guess your right.
      Lets forget it and stick to MP.
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Write-in Maybe vote.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

hi , i am new to this .... what exactly is a demo game? several people use a few turns and you pick the best save to continue ?

it sounds interesting , do you accept players that don't have alot of experience ...... ?

Comment

Originally posted by caesar007
            hi , i am new to this .... what exactly is a demo game? several people use a few turns and you pick the best save to continue ?

it sounds interesting , do you accept players that don't have alot of experience ...... ?
            In a demo game as originally conceived, the citizens elected a leader and a cabinet. The cabinet advised the leader on their areas of responsibility and the leader then played a number of turns. The leader would then tell the citizens about the results, usually with a few screen shots. There would be general discussion about the position, perhaps stimulated by polls posted by the cabinet. And the whole cycle would begin again. We would elect a new leader and cabinet every month.

During the last game, participation dropped to the point where we could not elect a leader. We decided to finish the game using the "better ball" format you describe - several people playing from the same position and then choosing the result to take forward.

We accept everyone who want's to participate, whatever their experience. At the moment, however, we don't seem to have enough participants to begin a new game. We'd probably need 8 or more for a real demo game. We could probably manage another "better ball" with 4 (although 6 would be better).

There is only 1 active game at the moment - the OCC game in the general thread - you would be very welcome to join that.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

I would be honored to participate in another round of democratic game play.

Sorry I didn't vote, I kept looking for the lilttle "light bulb" to be turned on to show new posts and it never was. Stopped in to start a similar poll myself.

P.S. I hear rumors that the famouse cave dweller has a new game idea.
              Wizards sixth rule:
              "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
              Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd
                I would be honored to participate in another round of democratic game play.

Sorry I didn't vote, I kept looking for the lilttle "light bulb" to be turned on to show new posts and it never was. Stopped in to start a similar poll myself.

P.S. I hear rumors that the famouse cave dweller has a new game idea.
                I'm not sure that we have enough participants, even allowing for those who didn't vote in the poll, bur expressed their interest. However, if cavebear has a game idea, it's worth exploring.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

l would be interested in giving this game format a try, should enough participants be found.
                  Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.

StuporMan's Supply and Demand Calculator
                  Supply and Demand Calculator 2.0.1 Beta Now loading savegames!

Comment

lets hear some more info on these rumors
                    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

rumors smumors will there be a new game or not
                      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
                        rumors smumors will there be a new game or not
                        The no limits man becomes the no patience man

OK we have had a number of people expressing some interest, but what form do we all want the game to take? (I suppose I mean what restrictions do we place on ourselves to prevent us winning too easily?)

Possibilities:

- 0% science
                        - single city until a certain date
                        - build no wonders
                        - spotless reputation
                        - no diplomats or spies
                        - no trade

How about the strating position? Just a random start or something put together by one of the fiendish brains?

Any comments?

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

- 0% science
                          - no trade
                          I would not recommend doing both of these options, unless we can find Xin Yu!

If I might make a suggestion, I would recommend disallowing the use of Monarchy, and perhaps Democracy. I also like the idea of taking the first random start. I find that often these positions are very limiting in and of themselves.

I like the idea of having no wonders AND no dips or spies. This would mean no embassies which would certainly make life difficult.

No huts is another good option.

I am also assuming we are limiting ourselves to a SS victory.

So, I guess if I was making a vote it would be for:
                          - 0% science
                          - No Monarchy
                          - No Democracy
                          - No wonders
                          - No dips/spies
                          - No huts
                          - First random start
                          - Spotless Rep

StuporMan
                          Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.

StuporMan's Supply and Demand Calculator
                          Supply and Demand Calculator 2.0.1 Beta Now loading savegames!

Comment

Originally posted by rjmatsleepers

- 0% science
                            - single city until a certain date
                            - build no wonders
                            - spotless reputation
                            - no diplomats or spies
                            - no trade

RJM at Sleeper's
                            that's evil
                            I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                            Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                            Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

If you want i can produce an "alterative civ2 rules and units set" for your democracy games, just to make it a little more interesting, i have made decent ones before, but i never really got much feedback on them,
                              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Working...
                              X