X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk

Congrats to all of you Well done!!

* Sparrowhawk
    I'm not sure I believed victory was possible until we obtained a few technologies that enabled us to exert a little muscle against the Sioux and Egyptians.

As one of the participating citizens, you share the glory.

And as my daughter said after her first helicopter ride, "we're not going to do that again are we?"

RJM at Sleeper's
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Isn't the Idea to find a method that is SO challenging that we can not win? I think we have just tapped our true potential and to find a scenario more difficult than this will not be easy..... But I say BRING IT!

Wizards sixth rule:
      "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
      Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd
        Isn't the Idea to find a method that is SO challenging that we can not win? I think we have just tapped our true potential and to find a scenario more difficult than this will not be easy..... But I say BRING IT!

Well yes and no. As far as I'm conerned, it depends on whether the conditions we set allow us to learn interesting things about the game. I certainly learned a great deal in this case about capturing an AI capital.

As for bringing on a more difficult set of conditions - I think we need a few more active players than we ended this game with - but perhaps they are out there.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

Yes, The fact that only 4 members have checked the endgame speaks for the lack of Interest. It would not supprise me if this were the last Demo Game.

Even the King of Democracy games, Mr. Cavebear has not been arround for a while. And I sent him an PM to let him know of our glorious finnish.
          Wizards sixth rule:
          "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
          Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd
            The fact that only 4 members have checked the endgame speaks for the lack of Interest. It would not supprise me if this were the last Demo Game.
            I suspect you are right. And it's not just demo games. We have no active succession games in progress. The OCC comparison is limping along with a handful of players and Peaster's exercise is not swamped. Only the scenario forum seems to be flourishing.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

the images have been downloaded 28 times
              that would suggest some interest
              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

rox

atawa
                atomant
                Bear
                Ben Kenobi
                Bloody Monk
                Broken_Erika
                Cataphract887
                Cavebear
                duke o'york
                H Tower
                Hydey
                Ljube-ljcvetko
                MrWhereItsAt
                SCG
                shade
                Sparrowhawk
                RJM at Sleeper's
                yaroslav
                Zedd
                huh?what did i do?
                if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

I believe you participated in a discussion at some point. I included everyone who seemed to have had some involvement during the course of the game, although they also serve who only stand and lurk.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
                    the images have been downloaded 28 times
                    that would suggest some interest
                    Well, we'll see. I'll post a poll, but with no great hope.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

OmfG!

Is this the same game where we were hopelessly behind everyone?!?

How on EARTH did that victory emerge?
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                        OmfG!

Is this the same game where we were hopelessly behind everyone?!?

How on EARTH did that victory emerge?
                        There were some good turnsets at the end of the 19th century by Monk and others. Once we had armour we were able to obtain a few cities. Then we got espionage and things looked up. Finally we got howies and really began to strut our stuff.

There was a nasty moment when the Zulus launched a spaceship with a landing date of 1919, but we managed to capture their capital and bring it down.

After that it was plain sailing.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

Congratulations
                          I'd no time for participating at this demogame, but this happy end after a hopeless situation will be in the legend of Civ II games !
                          JCP
                          Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Originally posted by JCP
                            Congratulations
                            I'd no time for participating at this demogame, but this happy end after a hopeless situation will be in the legend of Civ II games !
                            Thanks - perhaps you can be persuaded to participate next time

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

Perhaps I could participate by offerring a new map to play on. One not impossible, of course, but "challenging" in different ways from the last one.

The last game had many restrictions, some of which would be repeated, but others changed. It would be good, for example, the allow some trade this time, but place AI civs so that there would not be such an unexplored area as last time. And they should be harder to find.

IOW, maybe make it 10-20% harder? You guys beat the previous challenge, are you up to the next one?

I think this one should be bloodlust conquest victory!
                              Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                              Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                              Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                              Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Thanks for the offer, cavebear.

At the moment it looks as if there are not enough people who wish to participate (4 responded to the poll). Perhaps we can revive this form of the game after a little rest.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

Working...
                                X