No announcement yet.

The world in 1930

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB, you are a long time supporter and player of the Demo games and Well respected here. If you say you can play on without any problems then I am sure we will all support that.

In other words "Get your A** back in the game!"
    Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Does anyone want to continue this game or are we going to let it die with the winning post in sight?

RJM at Sleeper's
      Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

I will play a turn tonight if possible, I felt that with the "winning turn" in sight one of the great players that have kept this game going should finish up.

IIRC its 10 turns right?
        Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd
          I will play a turn tonight if possible, I felt that with the "winning turn" in sight one of the great players that have kept this game going should finish up.

IIRC its 10 turns right?
          10 turns from 1920 to 1930 would be good. This would give us 2 saves to choose between. (But at this stage any interest from other citizens is acceptable.)

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

havn't felt well the last couple days and when I got home last night I crashed before playin ANY civ

Feel completely restored today (in part due to the 10 hours of sleep) and will have the sav ready to post early AM tomorrow.
            Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Good luck - and no need to rush if you're not feeling up to it. We've been playing this game for a while now, so an extra day or two won't do any harm.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

I DL'd the wrong file!

I just played up to 1930 from the 1920.sav file.

I will get the CORRECT sav file and kick some Zulu booty tonight.
                Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

The 1920 save is the correct save. Its full name is ap_a1920rjm.sav and it's in the "world in 1914 thread.

If that's the save you used, do post your results.

Anyway, good luck.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

%$@#$#@

Sorry, I played your sav file up till 1936 and fell asleep, and of course I didn't bring the sav for the 1920 turn.

I am leaving for the weekend today but I will try to get net access to upload the other sav file.

edit: removed the unnecessary bable
                    Last edited by Zedd; April 5, 2005, 07:52.
                    Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Beware the maniacle Zedd, playing games willy-Nilly all over the place.

Edit: removed the attachment to clear up confusion
                      Last edited by Zedd; April 6, 2005, 08:04.
                      Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Zedd, I'm slightly confused at the moment, but probably things will become a bit clearer when you post your other save. Anyway, I've downloaded the 1936 save, but I'm not sure whether I should be looking at it yet.

Oh! I've just noticed your posts were dated the 1st April. I wonder if that is significant.

RJM at Sleepers

Comment

Apologies RJM, and no the only fool was me. I will start fresh with the CORRECT save.

Summary will follow...

Its 1930, a few units have moved but nothing has been rush bought so we have a little over 2000G in the piggy bank.

WHERE WE STAND
                          Egyptians are destroyed...
                          Zulus are destroyed...
                          Persians have been removed from the south west most island....(but the SiouX remain)
                          Celts have lost 4 cities, 3 were captured, 1 destroyed...
                          We are friendly with Vikings but they will probably launch any time now and the Celts are not very far behind them.

!GLOBAL WARMING!
                          I used a Nuke only once and only becouse my spy revealed about 20 units stacked in the city and my precious vet howies were all weak and voulnerable.
                          The Vikings and Zulus however have no quams about nuking each other and seem to enjoy it as much as fireworks.

SPACE SHIP
                          Our ship is not started yet, we have pieces in the making but they are not very far along I am afraid.
                          My suggestion would be to use the massive force in former Zululand and start accumulating Viking cities, the vikings are sitting on 20,000 gold and the plunder from some of those cities could pay for the space ship.....The down side to that is the Mural on thier palace wall says " 2 NUKE"

CONCERNS
                          I was unable to sustain city growth and we have alot of size 3-5 cities that should grow. My main effort was concentrated on war fronts and production as Love the king days were not generating the growth.
                          Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

And the save file. Sorry for the goof up.
                            Attached Files
                            Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

I've downloaded the save and will look at it later today. (I don't have a copy of Civ on this machine.)

As far as spaceships are concerned, my thoughts were going in 2 directions.

a) If the AI launch, we can try to bring it back by a sustained attack on their capital(s). However, I'm not sure about the conditions under which the space ship will return. It may be that if they can move their capital, the ship stays in the sky. In which case we use plan b.

b) If the AI launches first it tends to use a 15-3-3-1-1-1 configuration. We rapidly build a 33-16-16-1-1-1 and overtake it.

Anyway, I'll comment in more detail once I've seen your save - BTW I presume that the Zulu empire did not split. That may help us in dealing with the Celts and Vikings.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

The Zulu capitol moved 3 times and there were no splits that I could see.

The Vikings are close to launching a space ship and they have stockpiled enough cash to move the capitol several times, I think plan B is going to be our most prudent option. Wage War with the Vikings as a "fund raiser" and loot some of thier cash along with some cities and use it to rush some space ship parts in the south while the former zululand builds howies and spies for the war.

In my save we are a bit weak on the celtic front, which needs to be corrected quickly. Both celts and vikings are ready to use nukes on the first forward city wityout an SDI so those will need to be a consideration, but we have some airports, port facilities, universities,librarys, etc. that could be sold off for some $$$
                                Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Working...
                                X