1863 Explorer Direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1863 Explorer Direction

Where should our Explorer go next? The red path takes him to the pole to see where that leads. The blue path takes him east to search the land of the Egyptians. We can rehome him in Two Whales or Cartenna if we want.
    Attached Files
    Head for the pole and find new land (red path)
    40.00%
    Head for the Egyptians (blue path)
    60.00%
    Get picked up by a ship and find new places to explore
    0.00%
    Seek the chocolate banana tree and settle down
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

That Persian Explorer was moving along the Pole, so it's fair to expect we can reach their lands via the icy barren wastes, within which eldritch creatures and cyclopean creatures have been sighted by explorers, and strange piping sounds heard above the howling Antarctic winds.......
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

...But then that Persian came from the East, correct? What do people think about exploring in that direction?

(Withholding vote for now).

Hey - just realised this is a first - I am here in a poll before anyone else! Instead of arriving after it finished!
      Consul.

Comment

I voted for the Red path with the Caveat that if there is a shorter route to the poll (through the as of yet unexplored Coastline) that we take that to save a turn or two for the Explorer.
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

The red path might reveal a shorter path to the southern pole, and I would take it if it existed. There is spot on the path that *could* reveal land leading to the pole quicker.

I would like to follow the ice to see if we find a backdoor to another civ (and some small cities to take). However, I favor getting the Explorer rehomed to a colony city and exploring the land between Utica and Killdeer. But both are good and it is almost a coin toss to me. I would support either plan.

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Hey - just realised this is a first - I am here in a poll before anyone else! Instead of arriving after it finished!

Comment

I'm an idiot - I meant the Persian seemed to appear from the West in the posted screenie. I meant to ask about what people thought about heading to the WEST along the pole when we get down there.
              Consul.

Comment

and I thought the opposite, that the explorer came from the EAST, perpaps the Consul can clarify??
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Darn, I wrote a post earlier, but apparently I didn't actually post (must learn to not try and post and vote in the same message).

I thought the Persian Explorer came from the east. I don't have evidence, just the side of our Explorer that the Persian one came up on. He was SE of us at contact, so I think he came from east.

Comment

Working...
                  X