1853 and Beyond Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1853 and Beyond Schedule

This has been one on the best weeks of poolls and discussion for a long time. And I won't be able to play a session until the current polls complete anyway. I expect to play Friday night.

There are lot of polls to be summarized in Minister reports. I don't envy the Ministers their tasks on this. There will be a lot of things for me to keep track of as I play the next session. I don't envy myself that, either, but that is what I do as President (and someone else will *definately* be President next month).

I will expect detailed Minister reports Thursday evening US EDT so that I can compile them for playing Friday.

I think we are getting on a good path to take our best shot at winning the most difficult game (with our restrictions) that we have ever attempted. Only time will tell whether we succeed, but I am confident.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Science Minister Report

This one is easy. We have a clear vote for Monotheism next followed by War Code.

Related to discovery rate, file this under suggestions...switch the build order in Apolytonia to Camel in anticipation of the Salt delivery freeing up a supply slot.

(If the slot does not open, one vote for Settlers, two for no more Settlers and two for another boat--presumably after rehoming the existing boat somewhere else.)

Monk
    so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

City Planning Ministry

For the Colony...
      Build more cities got the most votes, with adding Colosseums when necessary second, in one poll. In a second slightly different poll, 4 of 7 voted for the Consensus Plan...

--Keep building Settlers until we get a workable mass of cities
      --Add Temples and Colosseums as needed
      --Keep a force of Settlers on hand for roads, etc
      --Give the Consul limited discretion to build other units (boats, fighters)
      --Give the Consul limited discretion to start Barracks in a timely manner

A map of city sites along with a save showing how they could be developed was offered. One of the main points was the necessity, for future site development, of NOT building on shielded grass tiles.

For Apolytonia...
      Further growth of the city is on hold pending discovery or plunder of the Sanitation Scroll. Where possible, build orders should be skewed towards available commodities.

Monk

Comment

Minister of Trade:

In short - Change the Tax rate to 60% Science/20% Tax/20% Luxuries
        Stop Xinning until further notice.

I will add a more detailed report on Trade (based on the comments in the other threads) before you play I hope, but if not, this gives you enough to go on I would think.
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I will be looking forward to the report from the Minister of trade...
          Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Not sure I should have promised this, I got busy with some minor RL stuff today and didn't get much chance to look further into this like I had hoped, and when I did get back to Apolyton I got into posting replies to some of the posting by others and didn't get to trade.

Normally I would have time on my lunchhour to come up with something, but this doesn't look good either as I am travelling tomorrow. I suspect by the time I return our most reliable Consul will have played and the Trade report will still be unwritten.

However, I will tell you what I think anyway....
            -it will make little difference if the Salt Caravan is delivered to eitehr Giza or Kildeer
            -we need to explore and find more cities to trade with (preferrably on a different continent then our colonies). Read: if yo uhave the opportunity to create another Caravel in say....Panama/Two Whales and explore to the south, I would be most pleased
            -if Apolytonia is able to free up a Trade Slot and produce another good, unless it is demanded in either Giza or Kildeer it should be delivered to whichever one it can reach first
            -If any ships are leaving on a long expedition to find the Celtic lands, we would be pleased if a Caravan could be found to accompany said ships as we beleive the Celts would be most receptive to our goods (or is it neutral ).

Hopefully that helps!

/me Minister of Trade

One last thing, if the Minister of War opens his mouth, have an Elephant sit on him. (Polytheism is a wonderful thing! )
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Minister of War Report: 1853 AD

When we finish Polytheism, we don't yet need Elephants, wait for Crusaders.

Comment

Well said, Sir War Minister!!

Monk

Comment

Minister of war should be renamed
                  Minister of running away.
                  The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

cavebear,

In case you haven't seen the announcement in the Community forum, the Poly server is going down for maintenance in 24 hours, Th night/Fr morning at 2am. If all goes well it won't be down more than 4-6 hours, so by Friday night, all should be well and good for playtime. But, if the worst happens....

Good luck!! The fate of our world rests in your hands.

Monk

Comment

cavebear,

We now have more than 500g and more is coming with the Salt delivery. Any contact with the AI will involve them demanding a huge chunk of cash. Maybe, you should start then rush a Colosseum, then a Barracks, in Utica where settlers are finishing. With the Salt delivery, Mono will come this term too. Utica can begin making fighters and w/o making any more Settlers, will grow.

Monk

Comment

Working...
                      X