Ministers of Exploration etc: Caravel movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ministers of Exploration etc: Caravel movement

This poll sort of overlaps with the poll on what to do with the settler...

We currently have a NONE settler on the Caravel to the NW of Utica. We can continue exploring with it, or dump the settler somewhere (the subject of this poll) and return to Apolytonia.

These options present themselves:

We can continue exploring with or without the settler onboard, or dump the settler to found a city/cultivate around Utica and return to Apolytonia to pick up the new settler and carry on to found more cities.
    Continue exploring the coastline
    16.67%
    Return to Apolytonia for Caravans/settlers
    66.67%
    Rechristen it the Banana Boat
    16.67%

The poll is expired.

Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Getting a few cities running quickly should take precedence to exploring, especially with the land we have uncovered so far being so NICE.

Dump that settler and head back for the next lot of expats.
    Consul.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
      Getting a few cities running quickly should take precedence to exploring, especially with the land we have uncovered so far being so NICE.

Dump that settler and head back for the next lot of expats.
      I agree - but I voted banana, because I wasn't sure about the wording of the options.

RJM at Sleeper's
      Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Oops! Sorry rjm - what was the problem? I will try to rephrase if necessary.
        Consul.

Comment

Build a 3rd city at the next decent shoreline location and head back to the Capital to bring Caravans to the rich northern cities!
          Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

1 vote for exploring the coastline was mistakingly cast. My *@#%&! internet connection was wigginn' out.

SEND THAT BOAT HOME
            Wizards sixth rule:
            "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
            Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Land the settler (to settle another city as noted in another poll), then return the caravel home to pick up more settlers (and continue).
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                Oops! Sorry rjm - what was the problem? I will try to rephrase if necessary.
                Just that the poll doesn't mention the settler getting off before the ship goes home. I don't think you need to change the poll; I'm sure our wise leader knows the views of the citizens well enough.

RJM at Sleeper's
                Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

At least this poll and its outcome to date is clear
                  Consul.

Comment

Actually, I was uncertain what was intended in both regular choices. "Continue exploring the coastline" had me wondering if it meant only to continue looking for a good new city site or if it meant to continue to explore after the Settler was dropped off. And I wasn't sure that return to the city meant that the existing Settler would be dropped of first or the Caravel was to pick up the new Settler so it would again have 2 to carry.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Working...
                    X