City Advisor: Utica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Advisor: Utica

The fledgling city of Utica is the first of what shall be a truly vast empire, but only if we carefully choose what we place there. Our enemies are unknown, as are the challenges that face us before we attain our destiny, thus we must ensure we do not misstep.

Utica is currently building a Temple, a task that will take many turns to complete. The second citizen born in Utica will be unhappy (at having to do without the luxuries available in Apolytonia), so either a Temple or luxury spending will be needed within 5 turns. A possible defender is nearby (the NONE Fanatics), but if the vote is for this unit to exlore rather than garrison we must be ready to build a new defender sometime.

Other builds that could prove useful are Warriors for exploration, or a Harbour for faster growth.

Choose now. Choose wisely.

3 Days.
    Stay with the Temple
    80.00%
    Defender (Phalanx)
    0.00%
    Warrior (exploration or defense)
    0.00%
    Harbour
    0.00%
    A Banana plantation (demand is great...)
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

With growth in 4 turns, and then the need for some happiness, a Temple is ESSENTIAL. That's my vote.
    Consul.

Comment

I can't remember what form of government we're in; nor whether we have discovered mysticism; nor do I remember (know) how many shields we have already put into the temple. If we are in monarchy and can switch to a warrior without loss of shields, I suggest we build the warrior and then station the fanatic in the city and explore with the warrior. If we already have some shields, continue with the temple. If we are in monarchy move the fanatic into the city.

If we are in republic (which sticks in my mind) rush that temple.

RJM at Sleeper's
      Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

(From memory) yes indeed we are Republicans. We have discovered Mysticism also. We have but one shield towards the Temple, and gaining only 1 spt (that will go up in 4 turns when the city grows), as you may see at your leisure when I post a screenie of the inside of Utica in a few hours...
        Consul.

Comment

Explore a bit with the Fanatic but get it back to Utica before the 2nd Citizen appears. Finish the Temple with the output of 2 citizens.
          Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

TEMPLE,

as described by our honorable Consul.
            Wizards sixth rule:
            "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
            Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Temple (no brainer )
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                Explore a bit with the Fanatic but get it back to Utica before the 2nd Citizen appears. Finish the Temple with the output of 2 citizens.
                In a republic, the fanatic won't help with unhappiness, so no need to get him back by the time the 2nd citizen appears. Getting the temple finished by then is important though.

RJM at Sleeper's
                Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Working...
                X