Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minister of Exploration and Cultural Conversion (Military)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minister of Exploration and Cultural Conversion (Military)

We have one unit that could be considered active military - a NONE Fanatic that was naturally enough impressed with our advancement to join us. Currently this unit is near the new undefended city of Utica, but it's destination is not clear.

Should we send this group of rambunctious youngsters to explore further the inland of our New World, or should we garrison them in Utica to protect against any who may not see our civilisation for the splendour it really embodies?
    Inland, to explore this New World of ours
    20.00%
    To Utica, to defend against uncouth barbarians and their ilk
    40.00%
    To the meditation books, so they may truly know the Great Banana
    40.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by MrWhereItsAt; May 17, 2004, 05:26.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

I voted for defense. With so many advanced enemies out there somewhere we have to keep our guard up. And a warrior from somewhere explores just as well as a Fanatic.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I still can't remember what government we're in - see my answer to the hapiness question.

RJM at Sleeper's
      Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

We're in Republic.

I think the Fanatic should explore a couple squares SE to reveal all the city-squares, but quickly get back to defend the city.
        Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

((# of turn until Uticia is size 2)-1)/2 = turns to explore.

Lets find as much as possible about the south east and return before the baby shower. I am particularly interested in any choke points between us and the Egyptians or Sioux. A fanatic on a mountain could defend better than one in a city.
          Wizards sixth rule:
          "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
          Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

It looks to me that if the Fanatic moves one square East that it will explore all of Utica's radius, and will then be able to garrison the city. That is my choice.
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
            X