City Advisor: Apolytonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Advisor: Apolytonia

The great metropolis of Apolytonia is now with some 780,000 hard-working citizens, and with such a hugely productive populace, we must carefully direct their efforts to best support our growing Empire.

Currently Apolytonia is about to complete a Phalanx, as the Consul believes defense may best be our watchword in days to come.

What shall we build there now and later?

Finish Phalanx, then build just settlers/caravels as needed
    0.00%
    Finish Phalanx, then build settlers/caravels/defense units as needed
    40.00%
    Finish Phalanx, buils settlers/caravels with a University at some point soon
    0.00%
    Change to settler and build settlers/caravels as needed
    20.00%
    Change to settler and build settlers/caravels/defense units as needed
    0.00%
    Change to settler and build settlers/caravels with a University at some point soon
    0.00%
    Write-in option
    40.00%
    All our shields should be sacrificed to the Holy Yellow Tree Fruit
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Note that I have left the exact order of builds to the Consul. This poll is intended only to give him some indication of the will of the people, and it is up to his judgement to work within that. After all, he would not be Consul without some considerable ability in decision making.
    Consul.

Comment

I voted to allow the Consul to build defensive units for the new cities, settlers and new Caravels to his best judgement. A second or third Caravel will be really useful soon, so we can have one or two exploring new city sites whilst another ferries the settlers there, and possibly if we find some more large cities a dedicated Caravan/trade Caravel would be in order.
      Consul.

Comment

Build a caravan and get trading.

RJM at Sleeper's
        Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

The only problem with that is we know of the exact location of only ONE city, and there is no guarantee we will be able to supply that city with the goods it requires upon establishing the first route. It is getting caravans to where the commodities are demanded that commands the big

I certainly agree that when we know where the demand is and we have a few Caravels to spare we should build loads Caravans, but for the moment getting more than a city or two running is what I am anxious for.
          Consul.

Comment

I'm in favor of a Caravel, also. One trading and one ferrying Settlers would be a good plan.
            Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Lets start with a couple units to defend our fledgeling cities.
              Then switch back to settler production in Apolytonia for the "Free Settler" since that is the only city that can celebrate right now. This will allow the new cities to build more units and the needed caravel, and caravan units.

Trade will be a needed focus ASAP (duh) but I think more so for the gold than the added beakers. We need infrastructure in the new cities, and don't have the time to wait for them to grow naturally. a rushed temple and a couple settlers to join Uticia would get it celebrating to at least 5 or 6 and turn it into a great trade center for caravan shipments to our island capitol.

The question is, are we going for perfectionist large cities, or ICS cities for mass unit support?
              Wizards sixth rule:
              "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
              Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Whatever we do, I don't want to see us finish that Phalanx as while I like the idea of defence, at this point in the game I am not sure that Phalanx will defend against anything we will be facing (I wonder if the Egyptians have Gunpowder ).

I think we need to keep with the Settlers and Caravels until we run out of land to settle cities.
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                  The only problem with that is we know of the exact location of only ONE city, and there is no guarantee we will be able to supply that city with the goods it requires upon establishing the first route.
                  ... er, actually we know the exact locations of our own 2 cities. Even if the goods are undemanded, it's worth establishing trade routes back to our capital. As soon as we find more AI cities we can trade with them.

So long as the capital can produce goods, let's get trading. Our colonies can build settlers and defensive units if these are required.

RJM at Sleeper's
                  Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Working...
                  X