Science: 1792 AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science: 1792 AD

What should next our Scientists pursue? We currently desire the secret of Banking which will give us the opportunity to also research Economics.

Please choose wisely from the options above, our enemies are not likely to forgive us if we make a costly mistake now.

What say you all?

/me Minister of Science

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On two game related notes, in previous polls I indicated which options were not going to be available. With Cavebears help I now beleive that we are playing this game as a scenario (whereas before I assumed it wasn't), therefore there are no hidden techs, anything we have the prerequisites for are going to be available.

Also, I note on our list of advance that we currently have that the last three we have researched (Astronomy, Navigation and University) are all "White" techs, meaning (I think) that we were the first to research them, but given the number of wonders that the other civs have, I don't see how this is possible (unless somehow the other civs acquired them after us and also got several others afterwards?? )

Regardless, I beleive we should continue to research those techs that we suspect our enemies might need, as we will need to trade with our enemies if we have any hope of catching them in the tech race. In that line of thinking, perhaps we should pursue either Physics, Theory of Gravity or Economics as our next tech?

Please state your thoughts, either on what we should research next, or on the AI's techs and how we could have any "white" techs.
    Attached Files
    Economics? :$$$:
    60.00%
    Horseback Riding?
    20.00%
    Medicine?
    20.00%
    Physics?
    0.00%
    Theory of Gravity?
    0.00%
    Warrior Code?
    0.00%
    Other Science Goal? (Stated Below)
    0.00%
    Our banana Republic has no need of further science
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

"Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Re: Science: 1792 AD

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
    Also, I note on our list of advance that we currently have that the last three we have researched (Astronomy, Navigation and University) are all "White" techs, meaning (I think) that we were the first to research them, but given the number of wonders that the other civs have, I don't see how this is possible (unless somehow the other civs acquired them after us and also got several others afterwards?? )
    Odd... I know for a fact that during the reign of the former Consul MrWhereItsAt I I Steam-powered warships from other nations were sighted off the coast of Apolytonia, and I have it on good authority from the wisemen that such a thing is impossible without first having the secrets of Navigation. These sightings were made long before we gained proficiency in Navigation, so they MUST be ahead of us with these.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I say Horseback Riding! I am certain it can be done - as unscientific as that sounds. We will need something fast to scope out new city sites in the New World, and it is just possible Horsemen may be able to do that for us.
      Consul.

Comment

Re: Re: Science: 1792 AD

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Odd... I know for a fact that during the reign of the former Consul MrWhereItsAt I I Steam-powered warships from other nations were sighted off the coast of Apolytonia, and I have it on good authority from the wisemen that such a thing is impossible without first having the secrets of Navigation. These sightings were made long before we gained proficiency in Navigation, so they MUST be ahead of us with these.
        It is possible that the AI civs can sail across the seas withou the benefit of navigation guided only by a banana on a pin that always points in the direction of the banana skin.

RJM at Sleeper's

(In other words, the AI civs cheat.)
        Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

I meant that they have Ironclads, which requires Steam Engine. That tech requires Navigation, so SOMEONE had Navigation and the other techs before we did.
          Consul.

Comment

I chose economics for its trade value, but would also support horse for reasons stated by MWIA. I think we are going to need some defense research very soon, but those techs may come quickest in trade.
            Wizards sixth rule:
            "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
            Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

I choose economics as it was in the lead and I didn't want a tied poll
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                I choose economics as it was in the lead and I didn't want a tied poll
                Certainly a valid choice. I have done the same myself in other games at times. ....and the opposite...
                Consul.

Comment

Working...
                X