1550AD - 1640AD: The Years the Big Metal Thingy Appeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1550AD - 1640AD: The Years the Big Metal Thingy Appeared

1550AD - Absolutely nothing. Xin this turn.
    1560AD - Mathematics discovered. Changed to Astronomy (exerted Consular privilege to determine the result from a tied poll).
    1570AD - Zulus start Women's Suffrage
    1580AD - Nada.
    1590AD - Caravan built. I choose Salt. From my experience in Civ2, Gold (the other choice) is often far more supplied than it is demanded. I switch to City Walls to aim for a chopice voted for in the latest City Planner's poll.
    1600AD - Rien
    1610AD - Zulu Ironclad appears two tiles North of Apolytonia! No tile is safe from them, so I think it is best to stay in Apolytonia. At least that way we stop them from unloading anything on transport ships right into our city. I suddenly realise just how much rides on my decisions here...
    1620AD - The Ironclad moves East and disappear. WHEW!
    1630AD - Celts abandon Mike's Chapel, Zulus have nearly done Women's SUffrage. What is this strange idea? Women VOTE?! This must be a strange place indeed...
    1640AD - Celts start the Eiffel Tower. The Zulu city of Madras is the first to grant WOmen the Vote. At the same time, Zimbabwe changes its efforts from Women's Suffrage and builds Magellan's Expedition.

We seem to be just over halfway to Astronomy, so we should make it c. 1720AD.

Onwards with the next round....
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Our Empire has grown! Err, maybe not....
    Consul.

Comment

A non-Xinning turn.
      Consul.

Comment

Our splendiferous science takes us one step further towards charting the unknown...

Consul.

Comment

A quick glance at the top 5 - ll those riches will be ours! If we do REALLY well....
          Consul.

Comment

Finally, the latest save for all concerned citizens to ponder our next move with.
            Attached Files
            Consul.

Comment

Oops! Almsot forgot. The Science poll will be up soon too. I hope we will go straight for Navigation (given the option - can you help here Sparrowhawk?), but then what? Military to enable us to actually DO something overseas?
              Consul.

Comment

It seems to this advisor that two questions are being asked . Not wanted for my head and neck to have a parting of the ways , I will attempt to answer my consuls question as best I can ....

Once Astronomy is completed, assuming we don't by some miracle acquire any other techs (from where you may ask...1) the people we have yet to meet that we share the planet with or 2) the huts we have yet to find? ), the choices should be:

Banking, Horseback Riding, Navigation, and University. (Medicine and Warrior Code will not be available for research, despite the fact that we have the pre-requisites).

Then, after Navigation (and perhaps we are getting ahead of ourselves given the time it takes our lone scientist to make a discovery, but I won't go down that road...see head/neck reference above), the options should be (again if we don't acquire other techs in the meantime ): Banking, Medicine, Physics, University and Warrior Code (Horseback Riding not available).

/me loyal subject to the Consul of the Island of Apolyton (who we hear rumour has recently moved, but given that we have been isolated in our city on this island for some time now, it begs the question...."Where did he move to?" and people in the future may long consult the history books to find out Where Mr/Consul Where is/are/was Its @ is.......but I digress )
                Last edited by Sparrowhawk; April 21, 2004, 13:53.
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                X