Poll: 1540AD Science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: 1540AD Science

We are about to get Mathematics (I estimate 1560 AD - after the next turn of Xinning), and I thought it was perhaps high time we at least checked on the will of the people.

When we get Mathematics, we will have a choice of a number of techs. There is some way of telling which of the ones we have pre-reqs for that will actually be available to us as choices, but damned if I know what that is. If someone else does, could you please let me know? Cheers.

So, this poll is for each tech TWICE. Please vote once in each part of the poll. The winner of the first choice poll will be chosen where possible, and if it is not available then the winner of the second choice poll will be taken. In the unfortunate event of NEITHER of the poll winners being open to us to research, the option from the first choice poll with the most number of votes that is open to us will be chosen.

So, let the voting begin! You've got three days.
    First Choice: Navigation
    25.00%
    First Choice: Medicine
    0.00%
    First Choice: University
    0.00%
    First Choice: Warrior Code
    0.00%
    First Choice: Horseback Riding
    25.00%
    First Choice: Banking
    0.00%
    Second Choice: Navigation
    25.00%
    Second Choice: Medicine
    25.00%
    Second Choice: University
    0.00%
    Second Choice: Warrior Code
    0.00%
    Second Choice: Horseback Riding
    0.00%
    Second Choice: Banking
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

For me, I think we should head on towards Navigation, so Astronomy would be next on my list. We can worry about things like Warrior Code when we are actually able to contact other civs.
    Consul.

Comment

I did this pretty quickly, but I am fairly certain that the next tech choice will be between:

- Astronomy
      - Banking
      - Horseback Riding
      - Medicine
      - Warrior Code

And for the record, I agree we need Navigation a.s.a.p. so I wanted to vote for Astronomy (which is the only Navigation prerequisite we do not yet have, but as it is not a choice, I am picking Navigation with the thought that this means to choose Astronomy ).

/me Science Assistant
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Ah crud... I put so much care into this poll that I knew I would screw up somewhere....

Yes, sorry all, I did mean Navigation to be Astronomy instead. cavebear - do you have the ability to edit polls? I don't in forums I am mini-mod for and so I'm not sure if it can in fact be done here...

Sparrow - how did you find out that University would not be available? What trick of the science trade has this silly Consul to learn?
        Consul.

Comment

Working...
        X