Query about Xinning as used by us to date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query about Xinning as used by us to date

After one more turn we will only have a few food in the box, so we will need to build some more up before we can fully Xin again. My question is largely to Zedd and previous Emperors.

How exactly did you do this? Did you Xin until you could Xin no more, then built up food until the box was full? Or did you just build up food until one turn of Xinning could occur, and then repeat the process?

Right now getting to Navigation as quickly as possible could pay off in the long run, so unless someone tells me otherwise I am thinking of going for the earlier Xin option - since we seem to have a box of 90 food, getting to that much would take more than 40 turns of non-Xinning, so I would favour gathering food for a few turns, then one turn of Xinning, then repeat. That way we get the Xin boost earlier.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

how about if we would keep on xinning, neverminding the loss of people, since getting navigation is very important.
    we would buy our ships with the blood of our people, probably not the best idea for our republic...
    "Erst kommt das Fressen, dann kommt die Moral." Bertold Brecht.

Comment

I hope the citixens will explain Xiniing to the new Consul very rapidly.
      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
        I hope the citixens will explain Xiniing to the new Consul very rapidly.
        My version of Xining is:

a) all of the population changed to scientists, continuing until the food box is empty, but before any loss of population or settlers.

b) one turn with enough workers on fertile tiles to put at least one ear into the food box.

c) repeat step a.

RJM at Sleeper's
        Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

So does the food box empty the turn before any loss of population? If we have an example of, I don't know, 7 food left and we have a deficit of 9, will we lose a pop point or must we go to zero in the box first?

Otherwise what rjm said is what I had in mind.
          Consul.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
            So does the food box empty the turn before any loss of population? If we have an example of, I don't know, 7 food left and we have a deficit of 9, will we lose a pop point or must we go to zero in the box first?

Otherwise what rjm said is what I had in mind.
            Yes the food box will empty before any population loss.

With 7 food and a deficit of 9, the box will empty, but no population loss. Next turn put something in the food box - as little as 1 will do. Then you can repeat. So long as there is something in the box at the start of the turn, there will be no population loss.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

Excellent! Then I DO understand it. Hope to play in the next 24 hours.
              Consul.

Comment

Sorry foir the late reply,

RJM has it right, I would Xin one turn then switch to production 1 turn for the food and shield. As long as there is 1 food in the box your population will not drop, even if you have -99 starvation

I have been leaving two workers on the whales for the extra trade arrows, and switching the taxes to 50.50
                This acctually bumps up the research rate and tax rate as apposed to switching them both to scientists. (+4 Gold and +4 beakers), although you may opt for the 2 extra beakers rather than the 4 trade.
                Last edited by Zedd; April 8, 2004, 14:16.
                Wizards sixth rule:
                "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

It's 4 days later, and you haven't played yet, oh most revered and magnificent Consul MWIA...
                  Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Is there some reason why we seem to be cursed with leaders who abandon their duties in this game? MWIA seems to be MIA...

Comment

Doh. Sorry. I always seem to be more busy during the holidays than the normal working week. This particular Easter I found out I needed to move out of my flat SUDDENLY and SOON, and so I've been embroiled in packing and finding a new place. Not fun, out of the blue.

However, 10 turns are played, and all should be set up for the next turnplay. I will cautiously suggest it will happen Saturday my time (Friday evening US/Europe time, I think).
                      Consul.

Comment

I hope your moving experience was not *too* painful. "Suddenly" is never good.

Comment

Turns are played and the Net is almst set up for my computer. Will post a full report within the next 16 hours after I get home (new home) from work.

Thanks for sticking by me!
                          Consul.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Thanks for sticking by me!
                            Hey ... you're the best leader we've got.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

Working...
                            X