City=Planner Report - 1380 AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City=Planner Report - 1380 AD

OK, I've looked at the 1380AD save (geez, all the settings I have to change to D/L it).

We are building a Harbor, which seems the best choice at the moment. Depending on Xinning, we won't have that completed in the next session, so just go on with it. We don't really have enough gold to rush it.

In case some miricle occurs and we complete the Harbor early, I'd like City Walls for security, but we might start a Caravan or Settler if we will have Navigation soon to build a Caravel.
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Certainly sounds good to me.

The Harbour should be done 4 turns, as after this turn of Xinning we will need to build up some food before Xinning again (unless a partial Xin of only a few scientists is worth it), and we will go to working 10 shields again.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Do you understand Xinning?
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

I thought I did. Recent posts make me doubt that though.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

our tax choices are...
          20.80.0 = 3g tax, 9g expense, 7 turns
          50.50.0 = 7g tax, 9g expense, 8 turns
          80.20.0 = 12G tax, 9g expense, 9 turns
          I suggest Selling the Collesium to gain the 4g/ turn so that we can use the 50.50.0 tax setting without a deficit, or even the 20.80 to speed research on the Xin turns and make up the gold on non xin turns.

On non Xin turns we could use an entertainer rather than a scientist and take care of the happy issues.

(Clarification)
          Xin turn = 2 workers (happy) on each whale, and all others are set to Scientist.

Non-Xin turn = workers are set to the grasslands and the mines with 1 still a scientist. (10 shields and +2 food IIRC)
          Wizards sixth rule:
          "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
          Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd

I suggest Selling the Collesium to gain the 4g/ turn
            I'm not sure I go along with this. We're going to need it in the future and it seems a shame to sell it now and then re build it.

RJM at Sleeper's
            Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

I agree. I hate to have to build something twice.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                I agree. I hate to have to build something twice.
                agreed, however at this point the ability to research more quickly without emptying the treasury seems more important. Even with the Col its impossibnle to celebrate the city and adding an 8th citizen will likely just add a red face, cousing more problems than good.

Therefore untill we can find a soluion to the happiness problem (wonder building ?) then the 1st priority should be to get NAV and build a ship ASAP. By keeping our upkeep cost low we require less taxes and can put more into science, Also by selling the Col we leave room in the treasury to support a Harbor which will help increase our trade dramaticly.

Also think about the fact that every turn we Xin we are wasting the 4G we spend on upkeep becouse there is no return in happiness.
                Wizards sixth rule:
                "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Have you considered the unhappiness consequences of selling the Colleseum? I think our citizens will become quite dejected and rebellious! Clicking the Happy button on the city-screen suggests to me that we would have to raise the luxury tax way up to avoid having a lot of red faces (in more ways than one).

Comment

Working...
                  X