This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Build 1120 AD Poll

We are researching Seafaring, and may be able to get Navigation next. With Xinning, we should have Seafaring in 6 turns and I would guess Navigation in 7 or 8 after that. That would allow us Caravels so we can get off this crummy island.

We are just about to start building a Colliseum. That would eliminate currect unhappy citizens, but take about 15 turns, which is when we might first have Caravels available. If we changed to City Walls, we would have that built several turns sooner and could be building a Trireme to change to a Caravel when available.

So which building path do you think best?

Colliseum then Caravel?
    City Walls then Trireme (to change to Caravel)

I think the 2nd option would get us a Caravel a couple of turns sooner, but making citizens content could be important, too.
    Colliseum then Caravel
    100.00%
    City Walls then Trireme (to change to Caravel)
    0.00%
    Bananas rule! Build a Banana Boat!
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

the key thing about getting a colosseum is that we will be able to celebrate past size 7 if we so choose. if you are confident we can get a demanded caravan to a city out there in the darkness very quickly, building a trireme to convert to a caraval may be more efficient. don't have access to a save file to see what options we have for rushing the colosseum (units, gold etc), but i'd lean towards getting the colosseum in

PS: thanks to Ming for getting my profile working again
    Insert witty phrase here

Comment

There're a few small problems - we should have Seafaring in about the timescale you suggest, but we need Astronomy before we can get Navigation, so we're looking at closer to 24-25 turns perhaps to get to Navigation.

SECOND, the save I have just downloaded (1380AD) shows that we HAVE a Colosseum.

Currently under construction is a Harbour - this would mean we could Xin for a little longer in the future (12 turns with max food instead of 10 - a difference of 48 beakers every 5 or so turns) as we would have an extra 2 food whilst Xinning (and whilst stocking foo in preparation to Xin).

Our only other improvement choices are Barracks, Granary or Walls. Also of course the Caravan, Diplo, Warrior, Phalanx, Settler, Trireme, Explorer.

At the moment I think we should stick with the Harbour, which should be done in 4 turns. Then we can decide on something else - perhaps a Caravn of Salt or Gold. From my memory Salt may be OK to trade, but Gold may end up useless. We can build a Caravel in 4 turns (non-Xinning) and because of this I think we should build what will go on the Caravel all ready for it to be built soon after we get Navigation.
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Forget this poll. With all my trouble D/L the 1120 save, I didn't see that Zedd had played to 1380.

I'll close this one.
        Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Working...
        X