Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much to report this time, Mostly Xin on odd turns. So rather than the turn-by-turn I decided to go with the highlights.

1120 ad: Set taxes to 50.50 and xin toward Seafaring.

1300: SEAFARING > Mathmatics

1340: Zimbabwe builds SOL

1340: Collesium > Harbor. Adjust for 30.20.50

1380: Pop = 300,000 (8) and we are 4 happy and 4 content at max lux. (thinin' maybe the collesium was not the right choice

our tax choices are...
    20.80.0 = 3g tax, 9g expense, 7 turns
    50.50.0 = 7g tax, 9g expense, 8 turns
    80.20.0 = 12G tax, 9g expense, 9 turns

And I stop here so that the wise may ponder solutions to the mess I have created.

I went for the Collesium in hopes of reaching size 9, but it looks like I would have been better off waiting for the harbor. we still have a long way to go until Navigation, I would pobably Sell off the col and to get the 4g/turn back and continue the xin at 50.50 but mabe ther is another way.

what a way to leave office
    Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

The save
    Attached Files
    Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

I don't know why I am having trouble saving these recent saves. What program do you have that opens it, because I can't get a file name to save and open in Civ. I just get a file "go.php.something" and I can't do a thing with it.
      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

That was just the .sav directly from Civ 2.
        I think the problem is poly's new DL system. Several people have started having problems. As for a temp fix, if you PM me your email I will send you the save.

It sounds like your browser is not accepting the re-direct from polly the go.php. XXXXX is the link they use.

http://www.joetec.net/adserv/between...stid%3D2852438

Is the link to the Ad page, you then have to click the "Skip" link that is acctually this:

http://apolyton.net/forums/attachmen...postid=2852438

Then the download starts.

I have tried before to use the poly upload space and a link but I have never been able to get it to work. i have 5 files there now that will not delete and don't want to add a bunch more, but I can give it a try if you can't get these links to work.
        Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Also make sure you are logged in BEFORE you try to dl the file, I have had some IE crashes when I forgot this.
          Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

It may be due to the fact that clicking on the link takes you first (or me first, at least) to a page of ads and THEN to the save. If you tried saving the link as is you wouldnt get the save. I guess you know this already, but perhaps your browser has some settings that makes it not so compatible with ads...?
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

MWIA,
              I hadn't thought about it but you are right, you can not save the "attachment" becouse it is just a link to an ad page. once you get to the ad page you have to:
              a. click on an ad.
              This opens the ad and the file download box.

b. click the Skip link
              This opent the file download box without opening the ad.

Also, If you are using IE then make sure that it is set to prompt you before downloading material. Otherwise it could be saving the file to a temp folder somewhere.
              Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Aha! At home, my new Netscape browser blocks ads. Tried it using the older version at work and could DL the file. Thanks for the explanation about having to go through ads to DL now.
                Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Good - glad to see it got figured out.
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                  X