April Term Nominations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April Term Nominations

It is time to open nominations for the April term. Self-nominations are the routine. I'll set up an election poll on the 28th, to last for 3 days. You'll have until then to place your name in for some specific position.

Consul

Minister of Trade
    Minister of Science
    Minister of War
    Minister of Foreign Affairs
    City-Planner

If a position goes unfilled, the Consul can find a volunteer or do the job himself. Some positions aren't active yet, but will be during the next term.
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

I nominate myself as City-Planner.

City-Planner (in this game) manages the production in existing cities and suggests good locations for new ones.
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

I would like to declare my intention to step down from office and throw my hat in for
      Minister of Trade.

I also seek the nomination of the gread Duke o' York as the next Consul
      Wizards sixth rule:
      "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
      Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

We do need a Consul... It would be good if someone to to step up and offer to take the job...

Comment

We need more nominees than City-Planner and Trade (and a suggestion for Consul)...

Comment

Yipe! Was away for a full week and missed all this!

If it's still possible, I want to do something, just am not sure what. I would go for Trade again, and that would make for an election, but I wanted to check that out first - for whoever won, would the other (Zedd or me) be willing to do another job?

I suppose I could possibly be persuaded to manage Consul, seeing as it would be such a quick thing to do to play a few turns with one city.
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
              Yipe! Was away for a full week and missed all this!

I suppose I could possibly be persuaded to manage Consul, seeing as it would be such a quick thing to do to play a few turns with one city.
              I think you just elected yourself.

All hail our wise consul the most honerable MrWhereItsAt.

RJM at Sleeper's
              Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Are the elections over yet?

I'll fill in some role as yet untaken.

Comment

MrWhereItsAt - Is that an announcement you would be willing to run for the Consul position?

Comment

Elections are certainly not over, Keep the noiminations rollin'.
                    Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                      MrWhereItsAt - Is that an announcement you would be willing to run for the Consul position?
                      I suppose..... if there is really no-one else.. Trade is my heart, but since we have no-one to trade with yet it's not as if I'm missing out on that.
                      Consul.

Comment

April 1 and not enough nominees for a complete cabinet It appears we will be structured as such.

Consul: MrWhereItsAt
                        City Planner: cavebear
                        Minister of trade: Zedd

Duke o' york could possibly take on Minister of War?

Then science and foreign affairs would be handled by the Consul ?
                        Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Wow, that was fast! Would not have guessed I'd be Consul if you asked me just two days ago...

OK, I can certainly do Foreign Affairs for the moment (there ARE none), and Science.

My weekend starts in about 12 hours, so I will use that time to get a hold of what is going on. Next turns I hope to play this weekend if there is enough of a plan to follow, if not I will try to brief Ministers and get some polls running, with an expected play time of Monday or Tuesday. Sound OK?

BTW cavebear - who was that 'suggestion' for Consul you mentioned above?
                          Consul.

Comment

MWIA - Zedd nominated Duke of York to be Consul, but since Duke never responded to that, I couldn't count it.

Comment

I think, given the lack of competition, we can dispense with elections for the April term.

Comment

Working...
                              X