the years 820AD-1120AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cavebear,
    I was able to dl and open the save, but don't have civ on this pc to try and open the file. (work PC )
    If the save is the problem then i can try posting it again.

As for our city build I think we should prepare by building a defense unit to accompany our settler, or take place of our archer so that he may go, and continue the xin towards NAV. We are probably looking at another 20 turns until then wich is plenty of time to produce the phlanx AND enough shields to the Caravel.
    Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd
      Cavebear,
      I was able to dl and open the save, but don't have civ on this pc to try and open the file. (work PC )
      If the save is the problem then i can try posting it again.
      For whatever reason, it acts like a link (that doesn't open) rather than a file that I can DL. I don't know why. Perhaps you could try attaching the file itself (*.sav) rather than the location of it.

And at the risk of being subversive, you can keep the civ files on a computer, copy the .exe file to a diskette, then delete it from the hard drive. Since LAN managers look for .exe files to detect unauthorized software, they won't see it. Give the civ folder a boring but official-sounding name, of course. [/QUOTE]

As for our city build I think we should prepare by building a defense unit to accompany our settler, or take place of our archer so that he may go, and continue the xin towards NAV. We are probably looking at another 20 turns until then wich is plenty of time to produce the phlanx AND enough shields to the Caravel.
      I think it is that the "build 2nd city" year came upon us faster than expected. We should have been planning for that better (and I emphasize the "we"). We didn't plan this well. Personally, I regret supporting the disbanding of 1 warrior; it could have travelled with the none settler had we researched the caravel tech in time.

We're going to have a real hard time of it once we engage the rest of the world. On the other hand, it may be a game truly hard-won if we can pull it off!

Let's take the hand we've dealt ourselves and proceed as best we can. And if I can see the save, I'll do all I can to help.
      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

CB,
        Unfortunately that IS a link...
        forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=2815049

It leads to apolytons "check out these cool downloads" page that you must then click the "skip" link at the top to get the DL.
        Here is the "skip" link.
        SKIP
        It should take you strait to the Download.

BTW for the heads up, however I too was once a LAN manager and now a notivication is sent to the presiding LANMAN each time a program is installed
        I know some possible ways arround it but don't want to risk it .
        Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

When I click on it, nothing shows on the screen. Could you please just attach the real game file to a post? Game files are small enough not to require zipping, but I can easily unzip a real file.
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

here is the .sav
            Attached Files
            Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

I am in the process of moving right now so my next chance to play will probably be tomorrow or thursday.
              Any feed back from the citizens or ministers before the play?
              Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Had some vid card issues last night, I will install the new driver tonight and play.

The focus will be on getting to seafaring and building the ship.
                Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Still having video card problems?

Comment

:sigh: one of my children decided to "fix" the FDD with a screwdriver friday afternoon. To add to the problem I lost the Power cable to my external CD-RW drive. So I had no way to transport the save until I bought and installed a new floppy. Bought sat. installed sun. and here is the save on monday. I hate moving.
                    Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Oh long-sufferring Consul Zedd, we thank you for your efforts in the face of such adversity! While my cats ocassionally walk on my keyboard, they haven't got the ability to do the damage of human children or the computer demons of "Hardware Failure" or "General Fault".

Comment

Heh. The greatest risk to my computers is me and my habit of snacking near them.
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

In case no one has noticed the Powergraph, we are in seriously bad shape... (We are Carthaginian)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X