Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science advisor Needed!

The King has requested the creation of the position "Scientific Advisor"

Qualified applicants should have experience in predicting tech choices and in choosing on-path techs for research.

This position will require the ability to create and post adequate polls on public opinion and the ability to accept all RCC for said tech choices

Please apply by posting your credentials in this thread with a short explanation of why you would be best suited for this position.

Zedd does not discriminate on smilies, avatars, or experience.
    Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Re: Science advisor Needed!

Originally posted by Zedd
    Qualified applicants should have experience in predicting tech choices and in choosing on-path techs for research.
    [yadda yadda yadda]

Zedd does not discriminate on smilies, avatars, or experience.
    /me wonders if anyone else sees a contribdiction here

I would like to volunteer for this position, at such a key time in our empire, it is however a terrible time for me in RL, no enough time in the day for my current commitments, let alone another one.
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Not me, I never have understood how to predict techs...
      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

What's the salary like?

Comment

There is no salary It is for the good of the kingdom

And so you will be provided room and board as well as several beutifull maidens to pick from

BTW thanks for pointing out th eblounder sparrowhawk, The second "experience" should be experience in the demo game its self.
          Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

double post, oops
            Last edited by Zedd; February 4, 2004, 14:43.
            Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

SALARY !
              This is for the good of the people, there IS NO SALARY!

However I will provide room and board as well as several beutifull young maidens to help you with your "duties"

Not me, I never have understood how to predict techs...
              Me either, precisely why I need a minister

And Thanks for pointing out the error sparrowhawk, it the second "experience" applys to demo game experience.

Not sure from your post, are you applying for the position or regretably declining ?
              Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

I am regretably declining , though I will be here to criticize congratulate whoever does accept !!

And I reserve the right to offer my name at some future date.
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd
                  double post, oops
                  Double post?

I suppose that I'll have to do it then, given that the only two others to post in this thread have declined, and it'll be a long wait for someone else.

This is a great democracy! No need for a vote here.

If Zedd accepts my self-nomination, then I'll need to know which direction we see ourselves going in. Once we've sighted land with boats that don't sink straightaway (hint, hint) then do we see ourselves taking the fight to the AI immediately, or settling, trading and building more cities before taking the fight to the AI.
                  If we want to play OCC then Maths and Astronomy would be the way to go. I'll download the save this weekend and see what techs we have and what our options might be, then post a poll asking for first and second tech choices on Monday.

Comment

Only one of those posts was created with the "Post reply" option. I went back to edit the 1st post and instead of changeing the post it added it as a reply (post #3) So I thought I must have done something wrong and edited the first post to say "Double post oops" which also appeared a reply ?

Am I missing something

OK back on Topic, Since the duke has distinguished himself as the only qualified candidate I have ordered his belongings to be placed in one of the finer palace bedrooms and 13 hand maidens will wait there for his arrival.
                    Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Oh crap, he accepted my offer.

Don't worry about posting like that. Recently Apolyton has seen quite a few strange ones.

I was a science minster in two of the CFC games some time ago (or was it just one, and the domestic affairs minister in two?), but don't think this is any kind of pedigree.

Comment

I have the utmost confidence in your abilities Duke

I will postpone play until Monday night, as duke and I are both afflicted with the "weekend bug" If Duke can create a poll today or tomorrow then that will leave the weekend and a portion of monday for votes.

Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Ah, congrats duke. When I saw this thread and Zedd's first post it sounded like a good way to get into the habit of predicting techs - the research would have done me good.

However, you got there first, so good luck. Maybe I will be able to challenge for it next time, assuming I am in the country when that time comes around, that is.
                          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Why, are you going to be deported? Or extradited for crimes against another country?

I'm only serving for as long as King Zedd holds power, so if there is a revolution in our city then I may find my head on a spike next to his.
                            You can then have no qualms about taking over. Well, apapart from the head on spike at the end of your career bit.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                              Why, are you going to be deported? Or extradited for crimes against another country?
                              No, no crimes, and I didn't even manage this trip to steal any hearts. Maybe next time...

I will be in and out of NZ for a while this year, back and forth to Oz and then Montreal in March, maybe a few places in the US... Hopefully I will have a laptop with which to continue, but otherwise I am pretty useless to the game whilst overseas.
                              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                              X