Go to Monarchy and elect a King?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go to Monarchy and elect a King?

We have achieved the possibility of MONARCHY. In this form of government, the people can choose to assign an individual with near-despotic rights, though His Majesty is contrained by the other powerful persons around the country. Still, it might be more productive than Despotism.

So what say you? Shall we stay a Despotism for now or take a chance on this "monarchy" idea?
    Monarchy
    100.00%
    Despotism
    0.00%
    Bananaism
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Let's try this new fangled Monarchy - long live king Cavebear.

RJM at Sleeper's
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

M..o..n..a..r..c..h..y?

I'm always one for new-fangled ideas. If it doesn't work then we can change back, can't we?

Comment

Does this mean great despot that there is now a contest for the crown? or will the mighty cavebear assume the title of king and lead our people to a new future?
        Wizards sixth rule:
        "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
        Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

As Despot, I could demand the crown. However, I *choose* not to do so.

If we go to Monarchy, we should choose a King. It could be by acclamation, I suppose. It might also be appropriate, since we are trying to play in the style of whatever government we are in, for the chosen King to just select whatever Ministers he feels a need for.
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Zedd looks arround the square, takes in the small crowd of dusty faces eyeing him as he aproaches the podium.
            As he clears his throat he notices a glare from the warriors nearby...Here goes everything.

{GULP}...Attention all, attention please.
            I have seen the wonderfull progress made in these begining years, from a group of wondering nomads to this glorious city. And in its construction we have all poured our intuition, Hard work, and life blood. Now the wise ones have devised a way for us to continue to prosper under a form of "Government" one in which a leader will deligate to his subordinates duties to which each will be responsible.

In light of this new knowledge i see an oportunity for growth and further enrichment of our people. I therefore ask that you choose ME as your ruling king, so that we may bring a new era with new possibilities.

After the speach Zedd is seen with two wariors dragging him to a nearby hut, what will become of him?
            Wizards sixth rule:
            "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
            Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Maybe it's the tent enclosing the sword in the stone.

Comment

No, they just wanted to show the new candidate for kingship that MWIA was slacking off work and having a sleep in the hut.

Sounds good, when will we be having elections, and what is this strange "election" idea? I don't think I've seen one of those before. Can we eat it?

Comment

Uh?

How shall we do this? An election sounds like a fantastic idea to decide upon the King, and then he shall run the kingdom in the way that has been laid out to us before. Keeps our democratic traditions running.

BTW Sorry for not having been around to vote the last few days in polls. I will do my best to get here for important matters (looks like my opinion would count for around 20% of the public), but I sadly cannot promise much until the weekend.
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                  X