X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ApolytoniaAlso2100BC:
    Attached Files
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

OK, here's a try at offerring the map. I'm not exert at this:

OK, my try didn't work. Someone will have to tell me how to offer the save file to the public.
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

If you want to offer it to the general public, then use the attachment feature when you post. It's right at the very bottom, before you click on Submit reply, and you'll have to browse to find the file on your system, but that will attach it to the bottom of your message and let everyone see it. Fortunately, Civ 2 files are small enough to be attached, so you don't have to faff about with uploading, which has had some difficulties recently.
        If you're worried that we may get some idiot along, who'll use the cheat menu and post the results in the forum, then you could try sending the save by PM to everyone, but I don't think it's worth it.

Turns seem to have gone quite well.
        3 science is a bit poor, and I don't think that we should hold off going into Monarchy any longer. What does anyone say to having an early republic, and growing our city to size 8? I'd like the Colossus too, but we're researching Writing at the moment, so maybe a Republic is the way to go. Although maybe not with so many warriors about. Where did the archer come from? We don't have Warrior Code, and it's homed to our city. Please tell me that you didn't found the city and then pop a hut.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
          Where did the archer come from? We don't have Warrior Code, and it's homed to our city. Please tell me that you didn't found the city and then pop a hut.
          The Archer came from a hut. Yes, I founded our capital first. I didn't want to let the daft AI give us a city that wouldn't incorporate both whales. If we only get 1 city, I wasn't taking any chances. I don't run into the situation often enough to be certain it wouldn't.

Comment

Trying again to attach the save file:
            Attached Files

Comment

IIRC the study on hut outcomes states that if you have a NON settler the possibility of a city or settler from a hut is suppressed to Zero.
              In other words you can't get a village or settler from a hut until you have founded your first city. Also I think the Barbs are suppressed so it is like 5:1 for either a Unit or Tech.

Not a criticism Great One, Just some knowlege from a lowley surf, not that you need my knowledge.... or that I am more knowledgeable than you......... My himble apologies, I shall deliver myself to the angry amazonians.
              Wizards sixth rule:
              "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
              Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Do you mean lowly serf, or are you criticising the effect that the whales have on our tourist economy?

Zedd is right - before you have founded a city, the chances of getting barbarians or another city are zero, and I'm pretty certain that the chances of getting a NON settler are zero too. I'm also pretty certain that these conditions apply to huts popped within a city radius too.

That's one of the best things about Demo games from my point of view though - it's a shared experience so we can all learn from one another and all debate the situtations that come up.

Comment

yes I did mean serf, I "himbly' apologize for my rushed typing.

Well I may not be an english major but at least i still have my singing voice.
                  Wizards sixth rule:
                  "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                  Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Well...... we need a new national anthem, if you're musically inclined. Doubt I'd get my girlfriend to compose something for Apolytonia.

Comment

Working...
                    X