Minister reports for the 100Ad->... session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minister reports for the 100Ad->... session

How long do my noble cabinetmembers need to condence their enlighting thoughts into something my simple,linear brain could understand?

Shade,king...or something like that
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

I like the standard that I believe Cavebear set last month (anyone who cares to correct me if I am wrong feel free )...

King/President plays turn and posts results and sends game file to ministers......
    Ministers post polls with a 3 day time limit for polls to close....
    Ministers have one day to submit report to King......
    King plays turn on the following day.

I attempted to follow this trend and the science poll closes in about 6 hours from now ( which will be late thursday evening my time), as a result I could send you my report anytime after the polls close.

However, collecting a report from the other ministers may not go the same, but I would like to see some kind of rough schedule, so I know if I have a longer time period to run the polls for. (Though I don't like this idea...I would prefer for the polls to run for shorter time periods, 3 days is good, and the game to roll along more fluidly).

Any other opinions?

Sparrowhawk
    Science Minister
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Yes we should try and keep it rolling along.
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

SparrowHawk - Not wrong, but it looks like 5 or 6 days as described, so I'll clarify.

It suits me to play on Fridays or early Saturday, so I get the screenshots up and game file emailed late Friday or early Saturday (Eastern US time). I plan on the Ministers getting 3-day polls posted by Sunday night. That gives citizens at least Mon-Wed to vote. The Ministers have Thursday and most of Friday to send recommendations to me, and I have time to consolidate them before Friday night when I play again.

I like a 7 day schedule because people get to know the general pattern of events/days, don't miss voting in polls, and know when to expect the results of a new session.
        Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

It should never take more than 7 days between turns

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

"More" no, but fewer days is difficult. I've tried on a couple of ocassions.
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

just go at the fastest pace possible...... we all understand how RL and red tape can slow things down
              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Hydey thank you for your report

The reason I post this here was I thought I read something :that one of the ministers wouldn't be able to start polling before friday??

Due to the nature of this game there are 2 reports without which I really can't play--> WAR & Cityplanning.
                Not that the other ones aren't that important but the risk of causing mayhem and disaster to our situation without is smaller

Shade
                ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

From the "Our Empire 100AD" thread: (Obiwan18) "One last point, I'm working all over the North for the next two weeks, though I will be able to post my polls on Friday night at the earliest. Sorry for the delay, but I just started working last week, after an unexpected phone call."

Comment

Sack him mighty ruler

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

/me has sent Science Report to our most glorious (and patient ) leader.

We look forward to the next playing of the turns. And though several hundred years will pass duing those turns, it is the our sincere hope that those years can be reduced to the next couple days
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I suggest that Chosen One Shade act as his own City-Planner this turn and get the game moving. We have a pretty good idea of what is needed for military units, a couple of cities are alternating scientists with food production, and the others are involved in building stuff anyway.

Or the City-Planner can just send him a report without polling. I'd rather see a session played than wait another 4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                          I'd rather see a session played than wait another 4 days.

I whole heartedly agree with this

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Yes, the citizens are getting restless

We have 2 city planners and they are both away?

Comment

Its time for the King to stand up and show some leadership.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Working...
                              X