Science Ministers report 1300BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hydey
    we can demand tribute from the AI which can be used to rushbuy things, also popping huts will give some gold.
    When doing this we have the chance of getting other techs that will slow us down further.
    But any tech we get from AI actualy increases the chance of getting weither Mon or Poly from a hut

Comment

sounds like we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.
      "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
      "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

I like this plan -- get Poly, set science low, pray, pop huts, evaluate.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

the ai never researches mon anyways....so we want it from a hut, if we pop enough it will come to us lol
          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Why don't we research poly until it has allmost been discovered, then switch everything over to lux and taxes for some turns to get the populous working again. In the mean time pop every hut you can find and build roads all over the place. We have lots of time before we have to worry about discovering new tech.
            Wizards sixth rule:
            "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
            Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd
              Why don't we research poly until it has allmost been discovered, then switch everything over to lux and taxes for some turns to get the populous working again. In the mean time pop every hut you can find and build roads all over the place. We have lots of time before we have to worry about discovering new tech.
              Thats what I ment in above post, by not discovering Poly we almost double our chances of getting a good tech from a hut, be it either Mon or Poly

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Smurf42
                Pop all the huts ASAP. If we don't get Poly or Mon from them w/in a few turns, then set science as high as feasible, and build a zillion roads.
                Forgot about tax limits. Must've been playing too much Civ1.
                Anyway, we should still pop huts as much as we can and build roads to help trade rate but it looks as if our science rate is screwed anyway, so forget it until we can do something about it. We probaly can get Poly or Mon from a hut sooner than we can research them.

April City Planner in the 3rd Civ2 Democracy Game
                Read Sluggy Freelance! Watch Homestar Runner! Papa Smurf is a Communist!

Comment

Sorry atawa, Didn't intend to copycat you my connection was bad at at the time and i only got to read about 5 posts and no smileys or avatars came up so I just voted and hit the reply button to add my two cents.
                  But you know, i think its a great plan
                  Wizards sixth rule:
                  "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                  Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Thanks, and no worries

Comment

Working...
                    X