X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South:
    Attached Files
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

SouthEast:
      Attached Files
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

That's all I can think to show. We're having the Devil's own time of it trying to get to Monarchy. I decided to stop popping huts, lest the research-turn numbers just get larger. But we have several units near huts, and we *could* decide to go all ziggy on them and see if we get lucky.

I look forward to some interesting polls from the Ministers and lots of spirited discussion on this. One thing I noticed is that we have the highest govt approval rating, so probably no civ has Monarchy.

It's is also interesting to note that some of the results of moves I was least happy with at the time (popping Iron-Working and building an Explorer in Glorificus) turned out to be very valuable later.

And this is one weird map... !

Comment

Sending the game file to the Ministers now... I hope you will all be able to study the game file and post some good polls soon.. We want to get this game moving along. As my father always says about keeping a golf game moving, "Make haste, slowly". In other words, think well, but don't waste any time.

(edited to say the file has been sent - If any Minister doesn't receive it soon, let me know)
          Last edited by cavebear; May 30, 2003, 22:39.

Comment

/me has recieved the file, I shall look at it later after i watch the footy or sooner if we are getting flogged .
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

By "flogged" I assume it involves silken cords and Amazons?

And while you are in "happiness mode" do you recall just who it was that assured me that popping that first hut would result in a "None" Unit (that got homed to Majestica)? Hmmm? (Actually, it surprised me too)

LOLOLOL!

Comment

ugh, that science rate is going to be the death of us unless we get many, many roads built for trade

EDIT: we should use the archer in dominion to kill the barb horsie
                Last edited by H Tower; May 31, 2003, 03:07.

Comment

Still no monarchy... ... is everybody certain there is even a monarchy-tech in this game
                  otherwise: nice play...we will win ...eventually

Shade
                  ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                  "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                  shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear

And while you are in "happiness mode" do you recall just who it was that assured me that popping that first hut would result in a "None" Unit (that got homed to Majestica)? Hmmm? (Actually, it surprised me too)

LOLOLOL!
                    Originally posted by Hydey
                    Dominion (size 2) with an elvis keeping the peace
                    Horse is exploring in the North/East and next to a hut (nearer to Majestica) I suggest it pop the hut and then continue exploring. *popping hut will not cause support problems if a unit comes out.
                    sounds to me that Hydey was saying it would not cause support problems for Dominion because it would be supported by Majestica.

Majestica had a spare shield and by building a martial law unit, we wouldn't need an elvis for happiness, thereby allowing the popped unit to also be supported. That would allow time to support all units until extra cities could be built or another martial law unit could be returned home.

at least thats what i read from our Minister of War's initial suggestions
                    Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Nice good job
                      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

I'm studying the save now, first reaction was :shocked:
                        I'll put up my report later tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by SCG

sounds to me that Hydey was saying it would not cause support problems for Dominion because it would be supported by Majestica.

Majestica had a spare shield and by building a martial law unit, we wouldn't need an elvis for happiness, thereby allowing the popped unit to also be supported. That would allow time to support all units until extra cities could be built or another martial law unit could be returned home.

at least thats what i read from our Minister of War's initial suggestions
                          Your interpretation may be correct. What I thought to have been an assurance of a "none" unit may well have been in error. Memory can play some strange tricks. My apologies to the esteemed Minister of War Hydey for my remark and my assurance to him that I had considered the rest of his advice to be excellent and greatly appreciated anyway!

Comment

I have a question. This time, I posted maps on a larger scale than usual. Were they readable? Should I zoom in one step for the future ones?

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear

LOLOLOL!
                              I neversaid that, I said the horse was closer to Majestica and as such would not cause us to lose a shield for support (unless you supported the settler from majestica , which I never supported)
                              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey

I neversaid that, I said the horse was closer to Majestica and as such would not cause us to lose a shield for support (unless you supported the settler from majestica , which I never supported)
                                First, you didn't actually say that. Second, I've already apologized for my misunderstanding of your statement about no support problems.

Let it go.

Comment

Working...
                                X