Were there going to be May elections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, sounds good to me
    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Middle of each month just feels awkward. How about having the nominations open 15th, election polls up 18th, elections over 21st, new administration takes over on 22nd, and lasts to the end of June? That way, we had two 5-week terms and are back on monthly terms after that.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by rjmatsleepers
        Originally posted by CannonFodder
        How about President MWIA and the current Administration remain in charge for the rest of the game? It would do away with those pesky, wasteful elections and move the game forward more quickly. After all, what good are elections anyway?
        I agree. And those polls and screen shots are a waste of time. Why don't we just wait until the president and cabinet tells us that we've won.

I like cavebear's idea. It seems to work well.
        April City Planner in the 3rd Civ2 Democracy Game
        Read Sluggy Freelance! Watch Homestar Runner! Papa Smurf is a Communist!

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
          Middle of each month just feels awkward. How about having the nominations open 15th, election polls up 18th, elections over 21st, new administration takes over on 22nd, and lasts to the end of June? That way, we had two 5-week terms and are back on monthly terms after that.
          I would vote for that idea. the first few turns are tedious anyway and with a five week term it really gives time for the administration to see some plans thru and get the game moving along.
          Wizards sixth rule:
          "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
          Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear

I quite agree, with that but why not have five week terms all time from now!
            Play the Demo Games!!
            Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
            Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Comment

The problem is that a calendar month makes it easy to realise that elections are due, and also we can refer to Terms by their month in office instead of needing to remember the Term number.

Yes, these are small, but there really is no reason to break from tradition and have more than one month as a typical term, except where the President has hashed things up at the start of the term (like ME!)

BTW - the poll is done. The decision is to have the current admin run until the 22nd, with nominations around the 15th, and elections the 18th. Term 2 will run until the end of June, then it's back to normal one month terms.
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                The problem is that a calendar month makes it easy to realise that elections are due, and also we can refer to Terms by their month in office instead of needing to remember the Term number.

Yes, these are small, but there really is no reason to break from tradition and have more than one month as a typical term, except where the President has hashed things up at the start of the term.
                you just want to remain in office that much longer

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower

you just want to remain in office that much longer
                  Sure, I do!
                  Play the Demo Games!!
                  Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
                  Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Comment

Working...
                  X