I missed you Apolyton!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I missed you Apolyton!!!

I really did. I sat here hitting refresh for hours, checking in between classes. Went to www.imarton.net for the latest update, badgered Ming by ICQ for news, visited CGN and Mater Zen's forums to visit the other refugees, but now you're back!

/me hugs the server

Now lets never seperate again.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I feel so happy that if someone gives me an American flag avatar, I'll USE IT!!!!

OOOH POLY IS BACK!!!!! I CAN FINALLY STOP SUFFERING WITHDRAWL!!!!

I LOVE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU SLOWWHAND AND I LOVE YOU MING AND I LOVE YOU MARKOS AND I LOVE YOU SKANKY AND I LOVE YOU RASBEY AND I LOVE YOU MASTER ZEN AND I LOVE YOU NED AND I LOVE YOU NOTYOUEITHER AND I LOVE EVERYONE ELSE I DIDNT MENTION INCLUDING SPIFFOR, TIMELINE, AND OTHERS!!!!!!
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Ah, it feels good to be back =)

Comment

does anybody else see red "x" where the smileys should be
          Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

It was so weird...

My company is moving to new HQ, and of course the IS/IT gang moved first. That meant our actual working HQ was all connected to the central drive, and the outside world, by dialup temporarily (we move this weekend). Of course, we were all asked to minimize the amount of load we put on the system.

So of course, I was heading over for my normal Poly hit and got an ominous "page will not load" message. After several attempted refreshes, I figured they were just clamping down on surfing, so it was actually not until I'd gone home that night and tried again that it finally hit me...

POLY WAS DOWN, AND HARD!!!!!

But now our Settler is back, assumedly far more robust and self-aware than ever before!!

Welcome back!!
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It's not exactly robust yet, but it's slowly getting better.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Yes, it is GREAT to be back home again!
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by flash9286
                  does anybody else see red "x" where the smileys should be
                  Smileys haven't been activated yet...just give it some time.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I see it didn't take long for the Off-Topic Forum to take-off with new posts!

Comment

I want to be the official "Thread Bumper". I have to catch up on the days I missed.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

It was bad these last few days. I was productive at work and actually initiating projects. My boss even noticed and now I'm going to have to expend some serious effort to lower his expectations again.

Comment

Tass - don't do it! If ro one will despair if I ever see you with an American flag avatar...

Poly dying was almost fortunate for me. It came at a time that I badly needed to do some work, which I could get out of the way without distraction. Poly is just too addictive!

Don't get me wrong tho' - I'm glad it's back. I would have had to spend more time in RL otherwise!

/me is very afraid

Now - the Demo games have been stopped dead the last few days, but now they can start to move again. The worrying one was the Intersite game, which continues regardless because no other site has been affected. Fortunately we had discussions going for the latest turn, so Consul law has not been declared yet.

I wish the new server all the best of luck and success.
                          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

RAID would be nice, or even a nightly incremental backup.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I felt so alone without my Poly fix. :'(

We should throw a party for the occasion!

Comment

Working...
                              X