Poly's GMT is incorrect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poly's GMT is incorrect

Again, the times at 'Poly are displayed incorrectly.

It says here: All times are GMT +1 hour. The time now is 10:28.

The time is correct, but I'm in the CET time zone where it is GMT +2 !! It should therefore read: "All times are GMT +2 hours".

Very confusing, it is.
    Greatest moments in cat:

If you read "British Summer Time" for "GMT" then it all works out fine for all counties which also have daylight savings time.

GMT is being taken to mean "London Time" rather than actually GMT
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I can interpret it like that, but if I meet at a certain GMT time in a chatroom, I'm not going to be sure whether others arrive at the same time.

Why not just fix the problem ..?
      Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

The priority of time is fairly low for Markos. Its on his to-do list, just under inventing a fusion reactor.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

So you're saying he has no time for time?

OK.

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
            I can interpret it like that, but if I meet at a certain GMT time in a chatroom, I'm not going to be sure whether others arrive at the same time.

Why not just fix the problem ..?
            The clock is also off by about 10 minutes after correction for daylight saving. So I think ignoring the clock here altogether is the order of the day.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Whilst we're at it, Poly NZ time is always one hour ahead of what it really is. You just gotta cope. I don't know what I'd do if it was changed to the proper time - probably collapse in a quivering wreck wondering where that hour went. But then I have lost some time to alcohol before, so perhaps I'd just go back to the Kahlua in the wardrobe to try and cancel out the discrepancy......
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

here's an idea... how about instead of using poly's clock just use the one on your comp

markos is so busy he can't even respond to this thread much less actually spend 30 seconds to fix the problem... if it bothers you so much, just hack into the site and fix it yourself!

ok, maybe i came off a little to harsh, but its late (early) and i'm tired (wired)
                I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar the Great
                  here's an idea... how about instead of using poly's clock just use the one on your comp

markos is so busy he can't even respond to this thread much less actually spend 30 seconds to fix the problem... if it bothers you so much, just hack into the site and fix it yourself!

ok, maybe i came off a little to harsh, but its late (early) and i'm tired (wired)
                  You are in new york? and it's late? according to your post time it was 2:14 in the afternoon!!!!!

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Can you just change the hour back one?

Comment

The clock is at least close to the correct time for me without having to change my settings.

Therefore nothing needs to be "fixed" or else I'll have to change my settings.

Comment

It's still 7 minutes off...

Comment

By close, I mean "within an hour". I don't care what the minutes read, as long as the hour is right.

Comment

Here's an interesting thought, some people use the poly time to see when a certain post was postedon their local time
                            <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                            Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Poly's GMT is incorrect
                              and we're not correcting it
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                              X