Disapperaing thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disapperaing thread?

Could somebody tell me why my thread in off-topic (Mohammed the Lawyer) disappeared for no apparent reason? It wasn't even locked...it just went away...and I assume it wasn't just deleted because I didn't get a PM...

btw, it was thread id# 82708
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

ming deletes my thread without a pm, u should pm him to make sure
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

I also noticed once a thread with critique on the moderators was completely deleted.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Well, I mean, if it was deleted, so be it, I just can't imagine why that particular thread would have been deleted...there was nothing even vaguely offensive or otherwise against the rules in it, as far as I know...
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

If it was deleted, it was probably me that did it.
          I don't happen to remember that particular thread, but I delete many threads... And I do not send PM's when I do so, unless special circumstances are involved.

I delete threads that I consider pure spam... not appropriate... or are against the site rules...
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It was questioning if it would be worthwhile to make a web site to collect money for the man that gave information to the marines that helped free our POW... how does that fall into one of those categories?

Comment

As I said... I don't remember the thread It could be that all the responses were pure spam, so the thread got deleted...
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

I find it difficult and disturbing to believe Ming can't remember a thread he deleted a short time ago.
                "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Why? One spam thread looks like another... Lord knows I delete tons of them...
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Mohammed the lawyer? Sounds like it might be a quite funny joke that you can't laugh at due it involving stereotypes..........Ming probably knee-jerk deleted it and forgot about it.

Comment

deleting threads are kewl
                      Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Working...
                      X