Do you think u will out grow poly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think u will out grow poly

I would have to say sadly, that when i go to college i probaly want have time to come to poly alot. Then when i graduate and get a job, i dont see any time for poly, sad really. Or will poly even be around when i get out of college
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

I never posted much until i got to college. Then I started being a lot more active. I don't forsee me stopping anytime in the near future.

Comment

Maybe eventually, but at the present, no. And I can't see in the immediate future either.....unless I lose my job and my high-speed Net access.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I don't know about poly as a whole, but the OT got old fast
        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Outgrow APOLYTON!??!??!!!

HEATHEN! Carry him away!

(iow no)
          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I probably will. Not grow out as such but become very... very... bored of Poly. Some day, maybe a few years.

Comment

I don't forsee it at this point in time.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Depends. Right now my life isn't the most exciting, and I can't say that I would go where the wind takes me if something interesting happened. Even with things being as they are, I generally go through "cycles" of activity with various forums/games/whatever, so I'll probably fade away, then wander back. Rinse, repeat.

Comment

Depends on the semester. Last semester, I was pretty busy with courses....but now I'm able to come to Apolyton more often. When I go into my career...who knows. I'll probably stop by and cheer on UH now and then. But I'll agree w/STYOM in that the OT has gotten a little stale lately...
                  Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                  Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                  *****Citizen of the Hive****
                  "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I will stick with this site until they kill it or it dies a natural death... I have too many friends that post here... and as long as they are still posting, so will I
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Friends?

Or passive and subservient peons?

Comment

I came to this forum hoping that manu friends would follow... and they did. Since then, I've made many new friends..

Long live Apolyton
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

There is a certain age range of posters that will probably stop posting. Whether you will outgrow 'Poly depends a lot on your passion for civ as well, since there is no reason to stay here if you have none left.

I am 24, and past some of the points where people tend to stop posting. I also know that Civ (various flavours) is a game that will outlast other games that I play, so I will probably be posting for a while yet. Even if I leave it wont be from 'outgrowing' 'Poly, since most of the people I play Civ with are older than me anyway; it would likely be a new job hogging all the time or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                            I came to this forum hoping that manu friends would follow... and they did.
                            Ah, so friend means either peon, pet or AH DL depending upon the context. I think I understand.

Or maybe it depends upon the forum...

Long live Ming the Bastard, er... I mean... Apolyton!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                              I am 24, and past some of the points where people tend to stop posting. I also know that Civ (various flavours) is a game that will outlast other games that I play, so I will probably be posting for a while yet. Even if I leave it wont be from 'outgrowing' 'Poly, since most of the people I play Civ with are older than me anyway; it would likely be a new job hogging all the time or something like that.
                              The same goes for me too (except I'm 21 ). The Civ series aren't my favourite games, but there is something about them that will probably keep me coming back long after I get bored with other genres. Also, the Civ community is superior to every other gaming community I've encountered so far.

Like Spikey the only reason I can see myself leaving 'poly in the forseeable future would be if I got a new job and/or moved house (I'm trying to do both right now) and didn't have the time or money for such frivolous pleasures any more.
                              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Working...
                              X