IRC channel resets every 8 minutes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlameFlash
    Does anybody else use Trillian to try and get onto the 'poly chat, and does it work for them? At work that's what I try to use and well, it doesn't.
    i use trillian, and it works just fine, but it took me a while to figure out how to set it up when i get home I'll try and find the settings that i have so you can try it out

Comment

There's an IRC FAQ. *hint, hint*
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

i use zirc, i think
        Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower

i use trillian, and it works just fine, but it took me a while to figure out how to set it up when i get home I'll try and find the settings that i have so you can try it out
          /me gently pokes H Tower.

Many thanks!

Originally posted by Rasbelin
          There's an IRC FAQ. *hint, hint*
          Been there, done that... may try it for the Mac side, but still want to use Trillian at work.
          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

So it's ok now? No more crashes in the future?

[threadjack]From http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...threadid=82374 :
            Edit - that, and you didn't take the effort of writing a starting post that would even try to be of some quality, not a dull one-sentence opener. I guess I should stop reading E2 and thinking that web communities actually want people to contribute in them. And I even said before you that I'd make a thread. Who's the copycat now? /bitter
            You should make one-liner thread first, then edit it to be better.
            [/threadjack]

Comment

yep, no more crashes for now
              Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash

* FlameFlash gently pokes H Tower.

Many thanks!

Been there, done that... may try it for the Mac side, but still want to use Trillian at work.

Argh! I couldn't find the right thread when I got home.

Anyways:

server name: apolyton.net
                port: 6667
                Nickname: HTower
                Alternate nick: Lord-Farquaad

all you really need is the server name and port, although for some reason I remember this being more complicated when I figured it out

Comment

i dont want to start another thread. So ill ask the question here can we have bots in the poly chatroom.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower

Argh! I couldn't find the right thread when I got home.

Anyways:

server name: apolyton.net
                    port: 6667
                    Nickname: HTower
                    Alternate nick: Lord-Farquaad

all you really need is the server name and port, although for some reason I remember this being more complicated when I figured it out
                    Thanks! Once I try this out then it's time for me to figure out how to get to 'poly chat at home.

Comment

Originally posted by flash9286
                      i dont want to start another thread. So ill ask the question here can we have bots in the poly chatroom.
                      [10:05:58] -apolyton.net- *** Notice -- motd was last changed at 3/11/2002 14:19
                      -
                      [10:05:58] -apolyton.net- *** Notice -- Please read the motd if you haven't read it
                      -
                      Message of the Day, apolyton.net
                      -
                      - ************************************************** *******
                      - Welcome to Settler, the home of Apolyton.net!
                      - ************************************************** *******
                      - - use /msg NickServ help for nick registration
                      - - use /msg ChanServ help for channel registration
                      - - no unathorized bots allowed, contact markg@apolyton.net for more info
                      -
                      End of /MOTD command.

Comment

thank you

Comment

Still not getting on... it keeps connecting and disconnecting.

Comment

I've been in the chat for ~an hour and a half with no problems
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

sure... now it works!

Comment

Working...
                              X