Dino-Spam Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dino-Spam Alert

I just wanted to point out that some posters think the Dino forum is a good (ie. unmoderated) place to boost post count with massive spamming.

Someone please fix or what ?

[cynical]And everyone add your +1's below please[/cynical]

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Grass
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

BTW, I'm referring to Reinhard-Baer, who posted in every Dino's forum in about 30 seconds today. Although all these threads are dead. I check these things on "New Posts"

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I just looked and its quite a spam fest
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

I strongly reject any accusations of spamming. I posted in this thread because I like Dinos and hoped the game would be released it did not, sorry. You can check each post, they are not spam.
          Spam are posts with signs or something useless in it, this is not the case. Above all who told you they are dead, there are still people in it and discuss. Furthermore if people see there are still posts then they will come back and rejuvenate the thread.

But I know you well, you attacked me ruthlessly in the other thread about the US. I know you don't like me or perhaps just my opinions therefore you try to discredit me.
          Furthermore I'm strongly against anything called newbiebashing. I enjoy the discussions about the different games in this forum and I will not let the fun being hampered by people like you.
          Thank you.

Btw is it forbidden to rejuvenate older threads for the sake of asking opinions?
          Before you attack me I would advise you to look into the threads and see what I wrote. This is something we call fairness.
          Last edited by Reinhard-Baer; March 31, 2003, 10:15.

Comment

tattletale
            CSPA

Comment

Looked like spam to me. Resurrecting a group of threads months and months old with bland vanilla comments is spam. I could see you wanting to try to generate some more interest. Next time, try with better content.

RAH
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                Looked like spam to me. Resurrecting a group of threads months and months old with bland vanilla comments is spam. I could see you wanting to try to generate some more interest. Next time, try with better content.
                RAH
                Yes this was my intention. I'm glad the officials understand what I wanted to do. Next time I will do it better.

Comment

Better spam?
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

usually the pm system works really well in these matters, but some people are just obsessed with those +1's

Comment

Hmm some say people accusing others of doing something wrong might only want to cover their own wrong doings *Looks at the person who feel the necessity to open a new thread about this*

Comment

Originally posted by Reinhard-Baer
                        Hmm some say people accusing others of doing something wrong might only want to cover their own wrong doings *Looks at the person who feel the necessity to open a new thread about this*
                        i didn't say he did anything wrong, I'm saying there is a better way to report spam. What did war of art do?

EDIT: I went and looked at the Dino forum, that was 8 posts of pure

Comment

I thought the Dino forum was closed...
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

As far as spam goes its nothing compared to other forums and posters.

Fora that are not directly accesible from the main forum page (except via the dropdown box) are always going to be hidden away from mods and more prone to spam I would think.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I hardly call 8 new posts in dead forums a foray into the art of +1. Now if War of Art was merely asking the mods to close the forums...but then he wouldn't get the +2 and I wouldn't get a chance to respond.

Like BC was saying, I've seen (name withheld to protect the guilty) post 250+ across multiple forums with lots of smileys and little content in 2-3 days then not posting again in those forums once the plateau of 500 was reached.

Why swat a fly when you can kill the chicken to show the monkeys.

Now I've got some ing to do in the Dino threads...
                              badams

Comment

Working...
                              X