BST begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BST begins

Do I have to change my Poly time zone or will there be a springing forward of the Poly clock in the near future?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

BST??

Here it's EST and EDT where the latter is for the great spring forward
    badams

Comment

I was wondering this too, I already changed my timezone to GMT +3 since the Poly clock was an hour behind.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by badams52
        BST??
        British Summer Time

Where the clock and my post count go +1

Comment

British summer time? Here in Norway we have something called summer time but I've never heard this British part... Does you tea people have some special kind of summer time to make room for some extra tea time?
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Nikolai,

it's the same summer time. Brits just call it British Summer Time (BST) as the GMT time isn't changed. Only the local time in the UK.
            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I had to change the time zone in my options manually this morning. Doesn't bother me really, since it only needs to be changed twice a year.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

OK, Ras. Thanks for the clear up!
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Isn't GMT changed. Do you mean that during summer time we (Latvia, Finland) are three hours ahead of GMT?
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Binary Search Tree?
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                      Isn't GMT changed. Do you mean that during summer time we (Latvia, Finland) are three hours ahead of GMT?
                      GMT doesn't change. The UK (and ironically the town of Greenwich) is currently GMT+1 = BST.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

why is it that we Americans are a week late this time? Our daylight savings time starts next week.

Which country started this whole stupid business of daylight savings time anyway? And does anyone know why?

BTW, China doesn't have daylight savings time nor separate time zones. Think of it, in the west the sun doesn't rise till later than 8:30 am in the winter.
                        badams

Comment

I've heard the reason is that the cows and pigs and such didn't want to cooperate when we humans started the industrialization, and didn't adjust to our timescale when the days got longer. They acted after the daylight, we after the clock!

Comment

Its hardly a big deal.
                            (+1)

Comment

US Daylight Savings Time begins April 6. Servers running on Windows should automatically switch, unless set to ignore it.
                              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                              X